Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#26 01-09-06 14:01:56

Siobhan

Re: Sexual Needs

Will wrote:

I've been in a bit of a down period for a while now, and whilst I'm not going to talk about it here as it's hardly the place, it has effects in numerous ways. One of which being that I have no real desire at all at the moment. Kindof defeats the purpose really of being part of a community called I feel myself.... hmm

First, I'm sorry to hear that you've been in a down period for a while, but I don't agree with your last statement! In fact, that's exactly why I am here!  IF one is a very sexual person (and I would assume that you and I both fit that category) and we've had months or maybe even longer of diminished libido, it's SO refreshing to be around others who're working theirs smile

This is a complex topic, of course. For example, my desire to lay you down and get my hands and mouth and body all over yours is DIRECTLY tied to my work, and so if I don't have a libido it's harder for me to work well, and that's a killer for me right now, and so one of the reasons I come here is to help me "keep it up" enough to go out and do a presentation or complete a negotiation when I really feel like nothing of the sort.

Sexuality seems really tied to the whole generative impulse, so -- well, anyway, I think the purpose of being part of a community called "i feel myself," can in part be vicarious: you feel yourself when I can't feel myself! Thank you! smile

Under all speech that is good for any-thing there lies a silence that is better.  Silence is as deep as Eternity;  speech is as shallow as Time.--Thomas Carlysle

#27 01-09-06 16:09:11

Will

Re: Sexual Needs

Siobhan wrote:
Will wrote:

I've been in a bit of a down period for a while now, and whilst I'm not going to talk about it here as it's hardly the place, it has effects in numerous ways. One of which being that I have no real desire at all at the moment. Kindof defeats the purpose really of being part of a community called I feel myself.... hmm

First, I'm sorry to hear that you've been in a down period for a while, but I don't agree with your last statement! In fact, that's exactly why I am here!  IF one is a very sexual person (and I would assume that you and I both fit that category) and we've had months or maybe even longer of diminished libido, it's SO refreshing to be around others who're working theirs smile

I didn't exactly mean what I said in a literal sense. I was more trying to be a little sarcastic (about myself) and even a little sardonic is suggesting that for someone who hasn't been *feeling themselves* for a while it may defeat the purpose of being part of a community called I feel myself. Of course I perfectly happy that others engaging in what libido they have. I'm just a little jealous as mine seems to have crawled off and died under a couch somewhere.....

This is a complex topic, of course. For example, my desire to lay you down and get my hands and mouth and body all over yours is DIRECTLY tied to my work, and so if I don't have a libido it's harder for me to work well, and that's a killer for me right now, and so one of the reasons I come here is to help me "keep it up" enough to go out and do a presentation or complete a negotiation when I really feel like nothing of the sort.

I agree. The loss of libido on my part is systematic of other issues, but they do all come together for the same end result. The health of a person's libido though, like many things is often down to outside influences rather than the opposite way around. Though I imagine that the opposite is very much possible and could/would affect people differently.

Board footer