Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 24-07-24 07:17:48

Harmony_Admin

Hello, I'm a new editor.

Hello fabulous people,

I'm Harmony, you might've seen me in a couple of vids like "deep drama" - I love Agatha Christie's works or "small clouds" - my debut on IFM.

Giselle has been training me up and I am quickly becoming a confident editor who loves the content she works on. I'm so excited about some new contributors that you will see over the coming months.

I will be in taking over the scheduling, including restorations and all the goodies. If you have any resto requests or such, sing out.

"boredom is a symptom of lack of pleasure"

Video Editor and IFM Admin

#2 24-07-24 07:40:01

smoothed

Re: Hello, I'm a new editor.

hello Harmony! Am glad to see that you have joined the IFM team, and that you'll be around these parts more often. I surely know you'll be adding deep value to the contributions with your keen eye!

Also, you have a lovely singing voice smile

#3 24-07-24 08:16:23

Harmony_Admin

smoothed wrote:

hello Harmony! Am glad to see that you have joined the IFM team, and that you'll be around these parts more often. I surely know you'll be adding deep value to the contributions with your keen eye!

Also, you have a lovely singing voice smile

Thanks you smoothed. That's sweet.

#4 24-07-24 08:42:19

alsbosilver

hello Harmony! I am delighted to hear this news. I hope that thanks to you and your interactions, this forum will revive a little and that we will be able to have nice exchanges!

Christian (France)

#5 24-07-24 21:11:05

MS2020

Hello Harmony. I wish you luck in this new position. At some point will you be creating your own member avatar to stand out more?

If I had to make any suggestion for restoration right now it would be Lady's Day by Tommy. Maybe I think of more later.

Last edited by MS2020 (24-07-24 21:12:03)

#6 25-07-24 05:03:14

Harmony_Admin

alsbosilver wrote:

hello Harmony! I am delighted to hear this news. I hope that thanks to you and your interactions, this forum will revive a little and that we will be able to have nice exchanges!

Christian (France)

Hi alsbosilver,

Thank you. What would you like to see being discussed in the forum? I'm curious.

#7 25-07-24 05:04:14

Harmony_Admin

MS2020 wrote:

Hello Harmony. I wish you luck in this new position. At some point will you be creating your own member avatar to stand out more?

If I had to make any suggestion for restoration right now it would be Lady's Day by Tommy. Maybe I think of more later.

Hi MS2020,

I'm new to forums, so I'm not quite sure what you mean by a member avatar, isn't that my login that I'm using right now?

#8 25-07-24 06:15:51

Giselle_Admin

Welcome Harmony! big_smile I'm happy that I got to know you and share time with you before leaving.
Dear members of IFM, I'm leaving the admin in great hands, but I won't just vanish... you'll see me around soon wink
Cheers!

#9 25-07-24 20:32:58

tuboman81

Welcome Harmony!! I have been adding to "Member Requests & Suggestions Thread" for restorations, is it OK to keep posting the requests there? Or should this be the new spot? smile

#10 25-07-24 21:24:47

MS2020

Harmony_Admin wrote:
MS2020 wrote:

Hi MS2020,

I'm new to forums, so I'm not quite sure what you mean by a member avatar, isn't that my login that I'm using right now?

What I mean is a photographic or illustrated profile picture beside the name. Previous contributers turned editors have used them. I find it easier to remember them that way.

#11 26-07-24 04:57:44

Harmony_Admin

tuboman81 wrote:

Welcome Harmony!! I have been adding to "Member Requests & Suggestions Thread" for restorations, is it OK to keep posting the requests there? Or should this be the new spot? smile

Hi tuboman81,

Yes. Please keep the requests in the thread you mentioned. I'll check that regularly.

Keep 'em coming, we love choosing things you want to see restored.

#12 26-07-24 04:59:44

Harmony_Admin

MS2020 wrote:

What I mean is a photographic or illustrated profile picture beside the name. Previous contributers turned editors have used them. I find it easier to remember them that way.

I can do that.
I know that images help with recognition, so that's a good idea. Thanks.

#13 26-07-24 06:30:32

richard
Administrator

Actually Avatars are disabled, it has to be done by the sysadmin for security reasons.  Send me the pic and I'll get it done.

#14 16-08-24 04:20:37

Lexx8442

I'm really sorry if I'm late in saying this, but a huge warming welcome and thank you Harmony :-D

Congratulations for your new role in IFM's amazing team and also thank you and lots of congratulations for all your amazing contributions on IFM.

I'm also really looking forward to be able to chat and share opinions with you on "everything IFM and beyond", from an Agatha Christie's lover to another ;-)

I kinda feel like I know a bit of you from your IFM profile and interview, but may I ask what's your favorite book by our beloved author?
I really like all Poirot's books and stories, but my favorite is definitely "The Wasp's Nest".

#15 16-08-24 13:31:14

TZO_2K18

You are one of the heroes of this site!

The great thing about the editors/videographers here, is that your edits/video production is not dominating the scene, as in, you allow the contributors to be prominently featured rather than some asshole that is only concerned with what HE sees rather than what the camera sees, regardless of what the model is doing.

As the camera is meant to document, not dominate, it's the core reason why I keep coming back here!

#16 21-08-24 01:17:18

Harmony_Admin

Thank you Lexx,

Ohh, yay. I am really loving Sad Cypress atm. Her resignation to be hung for a murder she didn't commit but wanted to is being met by a similar energy within myself. It's interesting and insightful.
Ooh wasps nest. That one is good too, it's not a typical Poirot and I love how he advocates for the victim. He truly believes life is sacred. It would be interested to see how he would see assisted death in the current world...

What's your favourite Miss Marple?
I love 4:50 from Paddington because of Lucy. OMG. I want to be that woman. She sang with Noel Coward. <3

Last edited by Harmony_Admin (21-08-24 01:39:15)

#17 21-08-24 01:21:30

Harmony_Admin

TZO_2K18,

Hello,

Yes, it's very true that we allow the contributors unique qualities and beautiful moments drive the editing process. It feels like I get to capture a goddess in her true essence and it's my job to help understand that and infuse that energy into the way I edit. It's great that there is more than 1 editor so you all get to see through both of editing lens'.

It means a lot to hear that. Thank you.

#18 24-08-24 01:41:34

TZO_2K18

Harmony_Admin wrote:

TZO_2K18,

Hello,

Yes, it's very true that we allow the contributors unique qualities and beautiful moments drive the editing process. It feels like I get to capture a goddess in her true essence and it's my job to help understand that and infuse that energy into the way I edit. It's great that there is more than 1 editor so you all get to see through both of editing lens'.

It means a lot to hear that. Thank you.

You are welcome!

Also, if I may nerd out a bit, what software do you guys use?

Me, my pipeline is DaVinci resolve > Virtual dub (For getting rid of duplicate frames and precise stabilisation) > Topaz Video AI (For enhancement) > Avidemux for finalisation.

Last edited by TZO_2K18 (24-08-24 01:42:51)

#19 28-08-24 02:15:34

Harmony_Admin

We use the adobe suite. smile

#20 29-08-24 00:56:25

TZO_2K18

Harmony_Admin wrote:

We use the adobe suite. smile

Welp, that just about covers my entire workflow! big_smile wink

EDIT: Forget that last bit, I was unfortunately nerding out there for a bit…

Is it cool with you guys if I can showcase some of the work I did with the videos that I downloaded from here?
Mostly still shots, not necessarily the videos as I don't know the protocol, but if not, that's fine as stills work well enough!

Last edited by TZO_2K18 (30-08-24 04:43:29)

#21 05-09-24 19:16:46

st_weinblatt

Sois la bienvenue! : )

Actually, catching sight of your intro, here, was quite serendipitous. I had been very surprised to see this:

" ... if they can PLEASE shoot with another girl - usually a friend they've had a crush on, sometimes a regular play partner or girlfriend. While a little bit off-topic ..."

For the moment, it's in the scroll-down-to-the-2nd-bit caption, on:
https://ifeelmyself.com/public/main.php?page=free-tour

"off-topic" ...??? (And, I ask this most gently and cheerfully ... ) Does this intro date from, y'know, 2006 ...? smile Maybe it might have been theorized as possibly off-topic, before the Continents Had Drifted Apart On The IFM Planet but, by now, my impression would be that categorizing the Friends theme as "off-topic" may cause readers to topple off their chairs.

Just a tiny thought about a suggested edit ... smile

Last edited by st_weinblatt (05-09-24 19:30:08)

#22 06-09-24 01:44:00

Harmony_Admin

Hi TZO,

Hahaha.

I do appreciate nerd energy. It's essential passion, enthusiasm and dedication all in one. big_smile

#23 06-09-24 01:46:13

Harmony_Admin

st_weinblatt wrote:

Sois la bienvenue! : )

Actually, catching sight of your intro, here, was quite serendipitous. I had been very surprised to see this:

" ... if they can PLEASE shoot with another girl - usually a friend they've had a crush on, sometimes a regular play partner or girlfriend. While a little bit off-topic ..."

For the moment, it's in the scroll-down-to-the-2nd-bit caption, on:
https://ifeelmyself.com/public/main.php?page=free-tour

"off-topic" ...??? (And, I ask this most gently and cheerfully ... ) Does this intro date from, y'know, 2006 ...? smile Maybe it might have been theorized as possibly off-topic, before the Continents Had Drifted Apart On The IFM Planet but, by now, my impression would be that categorizing the Friends theme as "off-topic" may cause readers to topple off their chairs.

Just a tiny thought about a suggested edit ... smile

Hi St weinblatt,

I don't quite follow. I couldn't find the source of the quote you mention.

If you're asking for more duets, that would best be posted in the "Member Requests Thread".

Thanks,

#24 06-09-24 17:41:29

TZO_2K18

Harmony_Admin wrote:

Hi TZO,

Hahaha.

I do appreciate nerd energy. It's essential passion, enthusiasm and dedication all in one. big_smile

Cool, I suspected you'd understand, and quite well actually, as that's a real cool quote and pretty spot-on! wink

I've also been obsessively enveloped in DaVinci resolve and TVAI... (Topaz video AI)

The colour grading is incredibly addictive to play around in, and I've been scouring old vids to run through. And I love the results. Doubtless, Adobe has their own colour tools, as they're pretty much pioneers of modern video editing!

Board footer