Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#26 29-08-06 05:50:06

stammering

Re: the written word

Receiving a hand written letter is like getting an affectionate touch on the arm when in conversation with someone.  The feeling can't be reproduced by a computer or typewriter.  People's personalities come out in their hand writing and whether they write "good" or "bad" reading their letters is like having them there with you.  It's especially comforting when receiving a letter from someone you haven't seen for a long time.

#27 29-08-06 08:32:26

Siobhan

stammering wrote:

Receiving a hand written letter is like getting an affectionate touch on the arm when in conversation with someone.

Very nicely put, Stammering. I got something from overseas with someone's handwriting on it and it was such a sweet feeling, being able to touch the very thing that they had written.

Under all speech that is good for any-thing there lies a silence that is better.  Silence is as deep as Eternity;  speech is as shallow as Time.--Thomas Carlysle

#28 29-08-06 18:16:22

stammering

There's also something about hand writing which is very respectful, especially when its on a beautiful card.  When I receive a card from someone who has taken the trouble to choose it and buy it and then write in it with their own hand writing it feels so good.  In these days of instant communication hand written messages have become treasures, because someone has put thought and effort into them.

#29 29-08-06 18:23:09

The_Elfman
Website

stammering wrote:

There's also something about hand writing which is very respectful, especially when its on a beautiful card.  When I receive a card from someone who has taken the trouble to choose it and buy it and then write in it with their own hand writing it feels so good.  In these days of instant communication hand written messages have become treasures, because someone has put thought and effort into them.

I agree. It's the personal touch isn't? like when someone makes you a present rather than just buying one.

Elfman.

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense

Board footer