Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#51 12-08-06 19:26:24

Burlesque

Re: Bon appétit.

Uh ...

(Takes a moment to settle fierce blushing.)

Yes we do, actually. We suck most parts.

Burlesque.

Maintain a sense of humour about it, whatever "it" is.

"Max Fan Club" Head of Security and In-house Sycophant. (Who says evil can't be a full-time occupation?)

#52 16-08-06 02:49:35

RichardL

in earlier vegetarian rant i forgot to mention 'fast food nation' a recent(ish) book by eric schlosser about the ways indutrial processes produce our food...not just from animals.
lol richard

#53 20-08-06 06:26:16

Burlesque

I have started eating vegetables. It's a recent experiment, but it's turning out rather well. Tomatoes and salads and olives and other strange things have found their way to my plate, and I like them well enough. I wouldn't dream of doing without my beloved carcasses, though, and I don't see why I should. Humans are omnivores, and while I eat far too much meat and far too little fish, there is of course no reason for me to give up meat.

I really like fish and vegetables, but I have noticed that due to my accelerated metabolism (I am hungry virtually all the time and thin as a stick), the only kind of food that keeps me full for a tolerable amount of time is meat. There are people who are herbivores for medical reasons, but I can claim being a carnivore on the same grounds smile. Now it sounds like I'm making excuses for consuming dead animals, and I want to make clear that that is not my intention. Just giving a carnivore's point of view. Juicy steaks ... fried chicken ... a nice rack of ribs ... tongue

Burlesque.

Last edited by Burlesque (23-08-06 15:10:30)

"Max Fan Club" Head of Security and In-house Sycophant. (Who says evil can't be a full-time occupation?)

#54 22-08-06 13:14:51

Boundary_rider

nibbler wrote:

I dont remember any more..what human milk tastes like. Has been more than 10 years since i last tasted it.. guess will have to find some lactating _and_ willing woman smile

But surely this means you're about, maybe, 12 years old? yikes And yet your posts speak of such experience in this world ... big_smile

Sometimes you ride it hard
To stop them getting out
Then comes the day you ride
To stop them getting in ...

#55 22-08-06 14:42:38

Burlesque

I think the explanation is that Nibbler likes to ... nibble.

Burlesque.

#56 23-08-06 06:29:40

frankie

I'm a pescatarian. I'm only comfortable eating something that I can catch, kill and eat but I happily cook meat for my friends. I couldn't care less what other people eat. If it came down to it I reckon I could kill a land mammal but here's hoping if never comes down to it.

I cook a lot and my diet is a combination of mediterranean and asian. (I'm from the mediterranean and I live in the aisa-pacific region.) I eat a stack of seafood particularly salmon. Two flavours I couldn't live without are garlic and sambal. I'd put them in dessert if I could.

I stopped eating red meat when I was 8 years old. One weekend whilst driving to the beach with my family and eating a beef sandwich, we passed a truck transporting live cattle. My father, in that dufus dad kind of way tells me that the beautiful, overcrowded creatures who looked frightened and confused on the truck were in my sandwich. I threw up and never ate red meat again.

So now I'm a firm believer in telling children (void of dogma) where their food comes from.

#57 23-08-06 06:35:09

frankie

Burlesque wrote:

I really like fish and vegetables, but I have noticed that due to my accelerated metabolism (I am hungry virtually all the time and thin as a stick), the only kind of food that keeps me full for a tolerable amount of time is meat.
Burlesque.

Sorry to double post but I wanted to say that I think food should be consumed instinctively. We are all different and have varying dietry needs. If something works for your health then it's all good I say. Biologically we are omnivorous and no excuses are necessary. (Even if we have over-populated the planet to the point we couldn't all feed off meat if we wanted to.)

#58 23-08-06 07:54:05

The_Elfman
Website

frankie wrote:

Sorry to double post but I wanted to say that I think food should be consumed instinctively.

Oh yes.  I have to admit that my diet is terrible but if ever I get the urge to eat a particular thing I try to satisfy it.  I'm a great beleiver that my body has ways of telling what it needs.

Elfman.

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense

#59 23-08-06 13:16:33

jerryb76

I am not an apologist for being at the top of the food chain.  Anything and everything.

"A man who only knows how to spell a word one way has no imagination."
                                                          Mark Twain

Max Fan Club, founder and President

#60 23-08-06 15:09:17

Burlesque

frankie wrote:

I think food should be consumed instinctively. We are all different and have varying dietry needs. If something works for your health then it's all good I say. Biologically we are omnivorous and no excuses are necessary. (Even if we have over-populated the planet to the point we couldn't all feed off meat if we wanted to.)

The sweet voice of reason. Thank you for that post, Frankie.

Burlesque.

#61 24-08-06 00:26:48

Warmtouch

Some vegetarians are such fanatics that they even try to make vegetarians of their cats, so the owners won't be purchasing MEAT when they buy cat food.

Needless to say, this idiocy isn't very good for the cats. The result is a starving, malnourished cat.

#62 24-08-06 00:33:29

blissed

I am a fanatic and all my pets are plants smile

(Self made tycoon and independant financial advisor to the stars)

#63 24-08-06 02:46:28

frankie

Warmtouch wrote:

Some vegetarians are such fanatics that they even try to make vegetarians of their cats...

I know! Absolute lunacy. Cats are hyper-carnivores and in a perfect world would exist solely on red meat and very little water.

I don't ascribe to a top of the food chain philosophy though as jerryb76 does. Going head to head with a crocodile or great white shark quickly puts that idea into perspective anyway.

Last edited by frankie (24-08-06 02:47:20)

#64 24-08-06 04:12:17

blissed

Ahh but have crocodiles got guns smile can they set pit traps to catch massive animals have they got bombs and can they drive cars smile We wiped out the last of our close competition 40,000 years ago (neanderthols) thats why theres such a big gap between us and other animals. We are deadly and the biggest threat to any one of us is usually another person. I dream of a time when people are jailed for eating meat and given 6 months community service for feeding meat to their cat smile

Last edited by blissed (24-08-06 04:30:47)

#65 24-08-06 09:22:45

Burlesque

I dream of a time where all kinds of fanatics (yes, Blissed, I do mean you too!) are force-fed tranquilisers as to not be such a nuisance to us, erm, normal people.

Burlesque.

#66 25-08-06 01:36:33

frankie

blissed wrote:

Ahh but have crocodiles got guns smile can they set pit traps to catch massive animals have they got bombs and can they drive cars smile We wiped out the last of our close competition 40,000 years ago (neanderthols) thats why theres such a big gap between us and other animals. We are deadly and the biggest threat to any one of us is usually another person. I dream of a time when people are jailed for eating meat and given 6 months community service for feeding meat to their cat smile

Pit traps, cars and guns all fail miserably in the ocean and none of them will help you if you fall asleep camped next to a swamp.

Bombs are dumb!

There is no gap between us and other animals. Each extant species is perfectly adapted to its ecological niche.

I agree we are the biggest threat...full stop.

As for Neanderthalanis I don't think we wiped them out at all. Primitive and violent they no doubt stupidly bludgeoned the last female to death smile Oh come on that's funny!

#67 25-08-06 02:32:21

blissed

That was a bit silly of them smile Actually I've never heard of a species go extinct simply because they were just too silly. Perhaps we could be the first smile

#68 25-08-06 02:55:30

frankie

blissed wrote:

Actually I've never heard of a species go extinct simply because they were just too silly. Perhaps we could be the first smile

There's a distinct possibility smile

#69 25-08-06 09:23:34

Burlesque

In fact it is highly likely, and I'm not even sure I'd mind smile.

Burlesque.

Board footer