Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#1 20-08-06 16:46:52

The_West_Wind

For Liandra

I've completed your deam reading. I'm writing this just as I have entered through the front door of my home.

I must apologise for the briefity (if such a word exists) of my summary and more so if what I have written hits too close to home. It is not my intention to open old wounds however there were certain elements in the analysis that breach a topic to delicate to discuss.

You will find it in a white envelope on a bullitin board of a hostel in Fitzroy called "The Nunnery" on Nicholson St. Ring the doorbell and reception should buzz you in.

It's a great place to stay, I'll be coming back there more often.

Well... there was nothing in my dark side that really interested me. I guess I just dont have what it takes to be a bad guy.

#2 20-08-06 18:28:17

Burlesque

Re: For Liandra

Doing this for Liandra is very nice of you, West Wind, but you don't think the word "email" should have entered your thoughts somewhere while contemplating the above post? Discretion, old chap, discretion.

Burlesque.

Last edited by Burlesque (20-08-06 18:31:54)

Maintain a sense of humour about it, whatever "it" is.

"Max Fan Club" Head of Security and In-house Sycophant. (Who says evil can't be a full-time occupation?)

#3 20-08-06 23:20:24

The_West_Wind

I tried to use the e-mail option but it didnt work. Anyway, I was in the area (IFM is based in Fitzroy, and I was staying there) and I thought it would be better to write it out rather than print it (it adds more of a covert challenge if Liandra can read the hyperactive chicken scratch I call writing). smile

I feel bad that I didnt have the time to do all three dreams, rather than just one, like she asked me to, hopefully this will help her.

Last edited by The_West_Wind (20-08-06 23:22:36)

Well... there was nothing in my dark side that really interested me. I guess I just dont have what it takes to be a bad guy.

#4 20-08-06 23:27:58

Will

I have no idea what the hell is going on here. My interest was sparked by the fact you mentioned Fitzroy, and more importantly The Nunnery. That's where I was staying when I was in Melbourne at the end of July. It was a lovely place to stay.

And why did no-one tell me that IFM was based in Fitzroy!? I would have stopped by and said hello. smile

Last edited by Will (20-08-06 23:29:48)

#5 20-08-06 23:35:12

The_West_Wind

Well, the billing address is in Fitzroy. Thats just where the PO box is, there's no way to be certain that it is the homebase of this fine establishment.

The Nunnery Rocks!!

#6 20-08-06 23:36:46

Will

Indeed it does. If the cute Canadian chick who smokes roll-ups is still there behind the desk then tell her the Scottish guy said hello. smile

So what's all this about dreams?

#7 20-08-06 23:40:26

Warmtouch

Fitzroy is a region of the sea recently added to the BBC Shipping Forecast, as it was decided that Finisterre, which is the old name, really belongs to someone else. It's off the northwest coast of Spain. Thus the former Finisterre is now Fitzroy. "Fitzroy: Northwest backing west four and five, occasionally going eight. Good." (If you know what that means you are true devotee of the Shipping Forecast.)

map_region_shipping_areas.jpg

So if there are any hostels in Fitzroy, Liandra had better put on a wetsuit to get to them.

Hmmm... Liandra in a wetsuit... I'm definitely getting into this...

Last edited by Warmtouch (20-08-06 23:41:36)

#8 20-08-06 23:43:25

Will

Not quite.

Fitzroy is home to Melbourne’s bohemian culture. An edgy mix of alternative, artistic and trendy elements, it has a fascinating collection of young designer and retro clothes shops, bookshops, galleries, cafes and restaurants, and a vibrant nightlife.

A short walk along Brunswick Street, Fitzroy’s backbone, will give you a feel for this popular suburb. You will see quaint and quirky shops, and eclectic art on offer in nearby studios, galleries and workshops, all set off by colourful public art street benches. Pick up bargain retro and recycled fashion, arty homewares, unique locally made jewellery or just a colourful bunch of flowers. Wander through pop culture at Polyester Books or just have a browse through the alternative secondhand stores to find a bargain.

Brunswick Street’s cool cafes, restaurants and boisterous bars offer something at any time of day, serving breakfast all day and coming alive at night with crowds of locals turning up to eat, drink and enjoy themselves.

Nearby Smith Street is an interesting multicultural streetscape that is growing in popularity as an alternative to Brunswick Street. Known for its fine vegetarian and whole foods, you’ll also find plenty of budget-friendly Asian, Greek, Moroccan, and Middle Eastern eateries from which to choose.

Trading on the free-spirited alternative culture of Brunswick and Smith streets is Johnston Street. Situated between the two, Johnston Street is Melbourne’s Spanish quarter and has a range of tapas and flamenco bars.

http://www.visitvictoria.com.au/display … /vvt.vhtml

I loved it there. Melbourne in general was a great place, but I was lucky to have landed on my feet by staying in Fitzroy. I'll hopefully be back there soon enough.

Last edited by Will (20-08-06 23:45:11)

#9 20-08-06 23:43:35

Burlesque

The IFM billing shows up as "Fitzroy" on my bank account, which has always puzzled me.

Burlesque.

"Max Fan Club" Head of Security and In-house Sycophant. (Who says evil can't be a full-time occupation?)

#10 21-08-06 01:42:36

blissed

That'll be Mr Fitzroy. the guy who actually owns the whole site and is Richards uncle.

Last edited by blissed (21-08-06 01:43:35)

(Self made tycoon and independant financial advisor to the stars)

#11 21-08-06 03:13:04

The_West_Wind

Damn it Will, now I want to go back there more than ever! (T_T)

I miss it so much, I've never felt more at home in any backpackers hostel I ever stayed at. They were asking me my name, they wanted to get to know me even if it was only for a night. I wish I could live somewhere like that.
But enough emo-brooding.

The only Canadian I met was a young dark haired girl named Nicole (I'm not sure if she smokes roll-ups or not), she was pretty cute. I think she said she was heading out to Perth in a months time.
I met Kitty in reception, I think she's Aussie. Sadly I was on a pressed time schedual and my cold was frelling up with my hearing, so that was all I saw of her.

I'm going to go back there next month, if she's still there I'll say Hi from you mate.

#12 21-08-06 09:19:39

Burlesque

Liandra wrote:

Actually she's Mrs Fitzroy and she is Richards sugar Mummy...

What a nice lady to take care of him and encourage the young man's interests! So what if she charges a hefty percentage through my membership fee smile?

Burlesque.

Last edited by Burlesque (21-08-06 09:20:51)

#13 21-08-06 10:29:25

Will

The_West_Wind wrote:

The only Canadian I met was a young dark haired girl named Nicole (I'm not sure if she smokes roll-ups or not), she was pretty cute. I think she said she was heading out to Perth in a months time.

That's the one. Dark hair with a fringe, bit of a hippy-chick, smokes roll-ups. She won't know me as Will though. Sucks to go and meet someone as cool as she was and then have to leave a few days later.

Bloody typical.

Board footer