Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#1 28-07-06 16:45:25

richard
Administrator

Our new site (x-posted)

After severe labor pains - which sadly, aren't all over yet - we've finally launched our new site.  www.sonicerotica.com is the world's first erotic web site for the vision impaired, but can be enjoyed by sighted folks too.  At least we hope so.   We're finding out, to our astonishment, that producing content for this site is much more difficult than for any previous project.  I mean, do this thought experiment - ask a random bunch of people a series of questions that go something like: "So, would you take photos of yourself naked, and post them on the internet?  You would?  How about a video of your orgasm face? And would you tell the world your most intimate sex secrets?  Ok, what if we film you masturbating for our web site, fully naked, with 3 cameras?  Cool with that?  Great.  Now, will you write us an erotic story?"

The first 4 are easy, plenty of people can, want to, and do.  But the erotic story - well we've recorded 2 out of nearly 200 submitted, and we're scraping the bucket already.  So if any of you CAN write a story - from your experiences, anecdotes you've picked up, or the darkest corners of your filthy little mind - then we want it.  But none of this Penthouse Forum stuff.  It needs to be engaging, well written, perhaps unpredictable.  Oh yes and sexy of course, and light-on for cliches.

It's not just for fiction either; we're also recording naughty adventures, fly-on-the-wall and Confessions (borrowing a little from Agony).  You'll hear some familiar voices over there, including our dearly departed Liandra.

So drop on over and check out the stories so far.  Some of you have already found the site, and are even using it for your little trysts, tsk.  Out of respect for the peeps who don't see well enough to enjoy regular erotic sites - people like our friend Ashmedi, soon, regrettably - we're actually asking you not to join the forum, unless you're in the class of 'vision impaired' or close to somebody who is, and would like to discuss related stuff.  It is certainly not the place to talk about our other sites.  Feel free to discuss sonicerotica here though, we want your constructive feedback. 

And saving the best for last, the site is completely FREE.  For now, anyway.

#2 28-07-06 17:18:49

Siobhan

Re: Our new site (x-posted)

Richard --

I have been eagerly awaiting this site. Congratulations on your work thus far.

I get turned on more by what I hear than by what I see, so I'm expecting to have my mind blown.  I know what you mean, though. It seems that it's easier to teach someone how you want them to touch you/suckyou/fuckyou than to teach them how to say what you want to hear. Best of luck, and I'll try to find you some content.

Under all speech that is good for any-thing there lies a silence that is better.  Silence is as deep as Eternity;  speech is as shallow as Time.--Thomas Carlysle

#3 29-07-06 01:19:23

ashmedi

Richard

Erotic stories are OK, but I was looking
for material a long time ago, and now for
a more specific reason that is more akin to
the audio tracks in your videos. Ones that come
to mind quickly would be Jade, Katie-J, Deanne,
where the girls are less restrained than some. There
are a number of number of girls on IFM and BA whose
breathing, moans, and other vocalizations would be
music to a vision impaired person.

Just my $.02 for what it is worth.

I also noticed the last time I was there.
that the contrast levels and colors were
hard for me to see and the visually impaired
aren't picky about how classy a site is, they
are more interested in something that can be
read with a minimum of difficulty.

Again, only my $.02

But I must commend you on the idea, it is great.

Ashmedi is an ancient god of rage and lust.
I don't feel rage, but the lust part fits like a glove.
"Isn't this a lovely day my friend ?
Just watch some b@st@rd screw it up"

#4 29-07-06 02:33:54

ashmedi

You say it is hard to get material
and you are probably right for the
type you are trying to find.
My type could be lifted from existing
IFM or BA submissions (if you have the
legal right) with the right software which I
don't have or on future submissions by just
taping and editing the audio on a separate
tape recorder in addition to the standard
video cameras.

In addition to Jade, Katie-J, and Deanne,
other equally erotic audios can be found
in sunmissions by Bisou, ChinaBlue, Christin,
Inne, Jacqui, Minty, MrsSecret, Missy, Pep,
Popple, Roxann, Shayla, Spangles, Sherie,
Stella, Taj, Tali, Tink, Dandy, Lia, Ms Eve and
dozens of BA submissions. Numbers could be supplied

Jacqui - Home Alone only has 20 seconds of audio
but the tone, pitch, and timbre of her voice makes
it one of the most erotic 20 seconds I may have heard.
That is what I was looking for before I found BA and then
IFM and what may be handy should my vision keep on
crashing the way it is.

I may be all wet in my ideas, and maybe you could
post a query on Sonic to see if I am alone or have company.
Could be an interesting poll.  smile

Last edited by ashmedi (29-07-06 02:52:35)

Ashmedi is an ancient god of rage and lust.
I don't feel rage, but the lust part fits like a glove.
"Isn't this a lovely day my friend ?
Just watch some b@st@rd screw it up"

#5 29-07-06 05:28:38

richard
Administrator

ashmedi wrote:

Richard

Erotic stories are OK, but I was looking
for material a long time ago, and now for
a more specific reason that is more akin to
the audio tracks in your videos. Ones that come
to mind quickly would be Jade, Katie-J, Deanne,
where the girls are less restrained than some. There
are a number of number of girls on IFM and BA whose
breathing, moans, and other vocalizations would be
music to a vision impaired person.

Just my $.02 for what it is worth.

I also noticed the last time I was there.
that the contrast levels and colors were
hard for me to see and the visually impaired
aren't picky about how classy a site is, they
are more interested in something that can be
read with a minimum of difficulty.

Again, only my $.02

But I must commend you on the idea, it is great.

Our intention is to use real sex sounds and yes, some of it will come from IFM and maybe BA, but we'll usually build it into the context of a story or monlogue.  Hopefully your enjoyment of the sounds won't be compromised by the narrative.  You'll hear this in parts 2 and 3 of "A Little Correction".

As for the contrast and colours, well it's designed to be used with a screen reader so the visual aspect is only for the sighted.  However, recognising that there are in-betweens who can still read, we'll be working on that aspect.  You should find it scales up very easily using standard commands (ctrl+mouse wheel if you have an Intellipoint mouse on Windows).  I would be interested to hear how you get on with your screen reader.   Also in the future we hope to offer audio-prompted navigation, probably using Flash.

#6 29-07-06 10:45:02

Burlesque

OK. After some consideration I have decided to yet again reveal myself as a babbling idiot, so here goes, hrm: what does x-posted mean?

I've had a look, or rather a listen, at Sonicerotica. Very nice! I realise it's in fledgling state at present, but it promises well for the future, and one can't very well complain about the "voice talent" so far, can one smile?

Burlesque.

Maintain a sense of humour about it, whatever "it" is.

"Max Fan Club" Head of Security and In-house Sycophant. (Who says evil can't be a full-time occupation?)

#7 29-07-06 13:10:54

richard
Administrator

Burlesque wrote:

OK. After some consideration I have decided to yet again reveal myself as a babbling idiot, so here goes, hrm: what does x-posted mean?

I've had a look, or rather a listen, at Sonicerotica. Very nice! I realise it's in fledgling state at present, but it promises well for the future, and one can't very well complain about the "voice talent" so far, can one smile?

Burlesque.

Cross-posted to the other forums.

#8 30-07-06 14:03:36

The_West_Wind

Hey Richard.
If we write a story and submit it to you will we get paid for the ones you use?

Well... there was nothing in my dark side that really interested me. I guess I just dont have what it takes to be a bad guy.

#9 30-07-06 15:16:17

Siobhan

West Wind -- this is covered on the sonicerotica website. If you go there, you'll find that information. go for it!

Under all speech that is good for any-thing there lies a silence that is better.  Silence is as deep as Eternity;  speech is as shallow as Time.--Thomas Carlysle

#10 05-08-06 00:03:53

jugalator

I thought this was so unusual and innovative that I had to post a short story on Digg about it:
http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Erotica_fo … n_impaired

Unfortunately, Digg summaries can only be really short so I probably missed to cram in some stuff. Like it being free, and the forum support. Ah well, maybe it will help becoming noticed, hopefully by vision impaired Digg readers too. smile

edit: one more thing.. i hope any Digg traffic spikes won't cause you much pain yikes it could get quite a few visits, especially if the story gets voted for and ends up on the front page

Last edited by jugalator (05-08-06 00:11:29)

#11 05-08-06 04:01:41

richard
Administrator

jugalator wrote:

I thought this was so unusual and innovative that I had to post a short story on Digg about it:
http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Erotica_fo … n_impaired

Unfortunately, Digg summaries can only be really short so I probably missed to cram in some stuff. Like it being free, and the forum support. Ah well, maybe it will help becoming noticed, hopefully by vision impaired Digg readers too. smile

edit: one more thing.. i hope any Digg traffic spikes won't cause you much pain yikes it could get quite a few visits, especially if the story gets voted for and ends up on the front page

Thanks Jugulator, we'd be happy to receive as much traffic as comes our way.  Plenty of excess capacity there ATM smile

#12 08-08-06 15:22:20

Burlesque

richard wrote:
Burlesque wrote:

Cross-posted to the other forums.

A belated thank you to Richard from the retard.

Burlesque.

Maintain a sense of humour about it, whatever "it" is.

"Max Fan Club" Head of Security and In-house Sycophant. (Who says evil can't be a full-time occupation?)

#13 12-08-06 13:17:41

The_West_Wind

I've almost finished my submission. I just have a quick question or two.

Do I add sound and music cues, or is this done in the studio?

For example, if I need some music in the background to set the scene, do I specify the kind of music I am after or do you choose a piece of music that seems appropriate?

Well... there was nothing in my dark side that really interested me. I guess I just dont have what it takes to be a bad guy.

#14 12-08-06 13:33:48

richard
Administrator

The_West_Wind wrote:

I've almost finished my submission. I just have a quick question or two.

Do I add sound and music cues, or is this done in the studio?

For example, if I need some music in the background to set the scene, do I specify the kind of music I am after or do you choose a piece of music that seems appropriate?

We'll do the sound FX and music.  Tell us what you think it needs, and we'll do our best...

Board footer