Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#1 25-05-06 14:09:35

tellin

Just a thank you

I thought of posting this on an existing thread, but I thought I would start one simply because I don't want my sentiments to get lost too quickly. Let me expound if I may.

This past February, at the age of 53 years, 4 months and 9 days, I was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimers disease. I am not at the point yet where I have forgotten who people are. They tell me that won't happen for a good while yet. I can tell you anything about my childhood that you'd like to know. Just don't ask me what I had for dinner yesterday. I have ever-increasing moments of confusion interspersed with those of absolute clarity. So, as I seem to be in the midst of one of my clear moments, please indulge me for a few seconds.

Never before in my travels around the world, let alone in an adult internet site, have I come across more intelligent, eloquent and profoundly interesting people as I have since I joined BA, ISM and now IFM.

The conversations are always lively, insightful and entertaining. The people are warm and 'comfortable.' The atmosphere is subdued, yet inviting. And then there are the women who grace my monitor four or five times weekly. Their selflessness and bravado have led to many hours of pleasure and have even brought back some memories long forgotten.

Please forgive me if this is a bit crass, but to the people who gave IFM life, the ones who contribute to it to keep it alive, and the ones who merely put a smile on this weathered face, I thank you. You are all of a class others could only dream of obtaining.

Last edited by tellin (25-05-06 14:11:51)

#2 25-05-06 14:26:40

Burlesque

Re: Just a thank you

I don't know what to say, Tellin. I'm so terribly sorry. To receive a diagnosis like that, especially at such a comparatively young age, I just can't imagine what that is like. I hope your lucid moments by far will outweigh the confused ones for a long time yet. Do continue posting whenever you can. At the risk of sounding ridiculous (something I'm quite adept at), I do care what happens to the people in this forum, and can only hope for some kind of scientific breakthrough, at least in the form of some kind of medication that slows down the process.

Burlesque.

Maintain a sense of humour about it, whatever "it" is.

"Max Fan Club" Head of Security and In-house Sycophant. (Who says evil can't be a full-time occupation?)

#3 25-05-06 14:38:22

Elfman

It is difficult to find the words to express what we feel in circumstances like this so we often say nothing so as not to be thought stupid or insensitive when of course silence is the most insensitive thing of all.  May I say how much I have valued your contributions to this forum tellin and fervantly hope and pray to be enjoying them for a long time to come and that you will continue to find warmth and comfort from this community you are so much a part of.  I cannot pretend to understand what you are going through right now but my thoughts, prayers and best wishes are with you.

Elfman

Last edited by Elfman (25-05-06 14:51:02)

#4 25-05-06 14:42:34

ashmedi

Tellin

I am so sorry to hear and while I can't pretend to know exactly how this is affecting your life, I can empathize since I just had a life altering diagnosis of Macular Degeneration dropped on me.

Hang in bud, hopefully you will not be seriously impacted for some time to come.

Your buddy across the lake will keep you in his prayers.

Ashmedi is an ancient god of rage and lust.
I don't feel rage, but the lust part fits like a glove.
"Isn't this a lovely day my friend ?
Just watch some b@st@rd screw it up"

#5 27-05-06 05:23:12

aven frey
Video editor
Website

xoxoxox to Tellin and Ashmedi we luv you guys and hope that you both keep gracing our forums for a long time to come yet!!

#6 27-05-06 22:46:46

blissed

Hey I agree, and I hope since February you've in some way come to terms with the diagnosis. I hope I don't seem really naive here but  I've thought of a plan in 2 parts, The first is to delay the disease long enough to benefit from any possible cure. You probably know all about these drugs but there might be one you don't. and if you are taking any of these, hope they work for you.

Early stage drugs 
                                   Aricept       http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/I_have_dem … ricept.htm
                                   Exelon                  http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/I_have_dem … exelon.htm   
                                   Reminyl                  http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/I_have_dem … eminyl.htm
Later stage drug
                                   Memantine/Ebixa            http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/I_have_dem … /ebixa.htm

Memantine  http://www.memantine.com/en/ seems to be the most important one because it combats the worst effects and costs £80 a month which is much much cheaper than giving care. ( source http://www.alzscot.org/pages/media/ebix … ment2.htm)

memory aids.
Hand held personal organiser with alarm and text message that tells you why the alarm has gone off.
Can't find one on google but I know there is one available. Anyone got one?
or you could take a drug called donepezi  http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn2517

The second part sounds corny but is to saviour every single moment of life. Because theres so much thats good about simply being alive and free. I think I'll take that last bit of advice myself smile Anyway I think if you've got all those drugs rattling around inside you, you'll be more compos mentis than I am smile I think the main thing is to try not to be afraid because hopefully theres a lot of people around you and on these boards that will support you. Just ask if you wanna be reminded of something important.

(Self made tycoon and independant financial advisor to the stars)

#7 27-05-06 23:16:21

cynicism

It may seem irreverent, but one might argue that there could be one bright side: imagine enjoying all of the IFM submissions as "new" over and over.

(I remember my grandmother losing her ability to remember recent events - she mistook me for my father, but she could remember his childhood in intense detail)

#8 29-05-06 10:33:18

Jakeview

Thoughts are with you, Tellin. Keep on fighting and living and posting. We'll do the same and be right here for you.

#9 29-05-06 12:57:05

Warmtouch

Hang in there, Tellin. I had a grandmother who died of Alzheimer's, but she was 85 or thereabouts.

Make all your plans early and make them ironclad; then you can enjoy life with a sense of security.

#10 10-06-06 12:42:42

tellin

I thought that I would give a bit of an update. I'm sorry but this may be a bit long. I'll apologize now in case it is.

Today is my last day of work. I officially 'retire' today because the State of Pennsylvania has decided that I can no longer have a driver's license, and now I get to fight the government for my disability.

Warmtouch wrote:

Make all your plans early and make them ironclad; then you can enjoy life with a sense of security.

I have given power of attorney to my eldest son so he can take care of all of my legal matters once I am no longer able. My final arrangements are made and paid for.

Now for some comments and question answering...

blissed wrote:

Hey I agree, and I hope since February you've in some way come to terms with the diagnosis.

At first, this was difficult. But I realized that my life has been full and rich. I have watched my little boys turn into incredibly well-adjusted adults despite everything I did to hinder it. My grandchildren, all four of them, are beautiful, vibrant children who love their Grampy. I have very good friends who are supporting me and aren't letting me forget that above all else, I still have my sense of humor....warped that it is. I have worked hard all my life trying to be an even-tempered man and think I have accomplished this. My life is as complete as it could possibly be.

Thank you for the information. My doctors have put me on Exiba for now. It seems to help a bit but it has a nasty side effect which I won't discuss here except to say that my house sometimes smells a bit...umm...bad. (My apologies)

cynicism wrote:

It may seem irreverent, but one might argue that there could be one bright side: imagine enjoying all of the IFM submissions as "new" over and over.

Well, if I was destined to get a disease and had a choice, I would have much preferred to get Parkinson's Disease. At least the shaking hands would come in handy when I watched the videos here. (Please forgive me. I couldn't resist.)

max wrote:

xoxoxox to Tellin and Ashmedi we luv you guys and hope that you both keep gracing our forums for a long time to come yet!!

Max, you beautiful skeleton-loving nymph. You just keep editing those videos so Ashmedi can see and hear them, and I can remember them, and I'll be a happy man. Especially the ones that you 'star' in!

Ashmedi, my friend and neighbor... You have my prayers and support anytime you need them for as long as I can give them.

Liandra wrote:

I'm glad that you are enjoying the forum and I hope the forum will always remain to you as  "warm and comfortable...subdued, yet inviting" as you find it now.

Liandra, I posted this right after watching Indulgence 2. I have joined both parts into one incredible movie. Let me tell you that I KNOW that my last erotic memory on this earth will be of you and this video.

I want to give a sincere THANK YOU to everyone who expressed their thoughts and sympathy. Ashmedi, Warmtouch, Elfman, Burlesque, Maxi, Cynicism, Jakeview, Blissed and Liandra; I wasn't sure if anyone would post on this thread. Let me say that I admire you all for being such wonderful people.

Lastly. One of the things I have regretted in my life was never having been to my dream vacation spot. Maybe, now that I will have a bit of time to do things, I might think about making that trip to Melbourne. If for nothing else but to say 'Thank you' in person to Richard, Max, Bluegrey, Liandra and anyone else there for giving me many, many hours of pleasure. My other destination in OZ would be the Tanami Desert, just so I can come back and tell a good friend on another site that I saw the inspiration for his screen name. (Plus I just have to see Steve Irwin messing with the crocs.)

Last edited by tellin (10-06-06 12:55:23)

#11 10-06-06 12:54:28

ashmedi

All the best to you Tellin.

I assume you will be using your extra free time, when you;re not fighting the government, to still hang out on the forums.

I;ll be praying for you, and expecting more updates.  smile

#12 10-06-06 13:02:03

tellin

I will be here until I can no longer find the site. But since it is my home page, that might be a long time from now.

How are things in Canada this time of year? Warming up to bearable temperatures?

Off to work. Be back later

Jim

Last edited by tellin (10-06-06 13:03:50)

#13 10-06-06 13:04:30

Burlesque

Tellin, you express yourself about you're troubles and your illness with such grace and humour that I allow myself to hope that you'll hang around here for a long time yet. You seem indeed to have had a full life, and apparently you don't intend to make it poorer or less interesting anytime soon. You have an unusual combination of strength and poetry to your character, and I much appreciate you for it.

I don't pray, but I do hope for you!

Burlesque.

Maintain a sense of humour about it, whatever "it" is.

"Max Fan Club" Head of Security and In-house Sycophant. (Who says evil can't be a full-time occupation?)

#14 10-06-06 13:15:22

ashmedi

tellin wrote:

How are things in Canada this time of year? Warming up to bearable temperatures?

Off to work. Be back later

Jim

It should be warming up but almost dipped low enough last night for frost. Weather has been a little freaky in the Great White North.

Have a good last day smile

#15 10-06-06 21:44:34

Elfman

Tellin you are an inspiration to us all sir.  Now go fight those bastards in City Hall.  My money is on you.

Elfman

#16 10-06-06 22:16:08

blissed

tellin wrote:

My doctors have put me on Exiba for now. It seems to help a bit but it has a nasty side effect which I won't discuss here except to say that my house sometimes smells a bit...umm...bad. (My apologies)

When you meet the IFM  team, better not meet indoors then. Why not all go for a picnic smile

Yeah as you seem to have achieved quite a bit, the pressures off you now to achieve more, and you should hopefully be able to make the most of life. I think the drugs should certainly help you do that.

(Self made tycoon and independant financial advisor to the stars)

Board footer