Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#1 30-05-06 14:07:03

Elfman

Brain Death

ashmedi wrote:

Elfman ??? I thought you were going back to work today.

Did you have a change of heart???

No ashmedi.  Went back to work OK but only working half days for the first two weeks.   Got to work after being on sick leave since the middle of January only to discover that my IQ has dropped about 100 points in the intervening weeks.  Multi-tasking is a distant blur.  The computer systems seemed strange and unfamiliar. Decision making is away with the fairies.  I have women friends who have suffered similar difficulties when returning to work after maternity leave.

Anyone else experienced this?

Elfman.

#2 30-05-06 14:17:10

ashmedi

Re: Brain Death

I can't say that I have and I'm sorry to hear that.

However, I may be returning to 'work' sometime, we'll have to see how much I can do with magnifiers and failing vision.

And I expect if I go back, I will be in your boat. Lots of people who are off for a period get out of the routine, and since most of what you did was almost automatic, if you quit doing it, you have to relearn it. So I haven't yet, but I probably will.  smile

Ashmedi is an ancient god of rage and lust.
I don't feel rage, but the lust part fits like a glove.
"Isn't this a lovely day my friend ?
Just watch some b@st@rd screw it up"

#3 30-05-06 14:27:53

Elfman

ashmedi wrote:

However, I may be returning to 'work' sometime, we'll have to see how much I can do with magnifiers and failing vision.

And I expect if I go back, I will be in your boat. Lots of people who are off for a period get out of the routine, and since most of what you did was almost automatic, if you quit doing it, you have to relearn it. So I haven't yet, but I probably will.  smile

Hope you make it back soon mate.  You haven't updated us recently so may I ask how the eyes are coming along? I had wondered but didn't like to ask in case you thought me impertinent.  (I'm English you know.  We're like that smile ).

I'm going to bed now (2;30 pm) because I'm knackered.  Good night all.

Elfman.

Last edited by Elfman (30-05-06 14:30:55)

#4 30-05-06 15:10:16

ashmedi

Elfman wrote:
ashmedi wrote:

Hope you make it back soon mate.  You haven't updated us recently so may I ask how the eyes are coming along? I had wondered but didn't like to ask in case you thought me impertinent.  (I'm English you know.  We're like that smile ).

I'm going to bed now (2;30 pm) because I'm knackered.  Good night all.

Elfman.

You can ask anytime, no big deal.
Some days I think an improvement, and today I would say no improvement, having trouble seeing the display again. The amsler grid sometimes shows the distortion in the right eye, and some days not and I can't figure that out. All in all I am still depressed, but somewhat resigned to my situation. I suppose at the speed it failed, that if it doesn't get worse, I'm sure the laser procedure would be classified as a success.

I presume if you are going to bed at 2:30 PM you will be up sometime later.

Ashmedi is an ancient god of rage and lust.
I don't feel rage, but the lust part fits like a glove.
"Isn't this a lovely day my friend ?
Just watch some b@st@rd screw it up"

Board footer