Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#1 23-08-22 04:05:42

Mikaela

Podcasts - who likes them, and what ones do you listen to?

I'm a huge fan of podcasts - I struggle to sit down and watch a TV show or movie, no matter how engaging it is. I have this need to be doing something physical, pretty much all the time. Enter podcasts - they're the perfect accompaniment to housework, cooking, going for a walk and even ironing your socks (yep - that's a thing I do).

I'm always interested in hearing what podcasts people are listening to, and what people like about them. Feel free to pop your fave podcasts in the comments!

Some of my current favourites are:

Stuff You Should Know - I love the banter between Josh and Chuck, and the diversity in topics they cover.

Savage Lovecast - Dan Savage's podcast, while controversial at times, often contains useful info about relating, polyamory, sexual health etc.

Curious Conversations about Sex - this podcast is done by the principal facilitator of Curious Creatures (based in Melbourne, Aus) who run a range of workshops on sexuality, consent, and communication. The podcast explores a range of topics such as restorative justice, safer sex, consent, kink, peoples experiences with sexuality and pleasure during challenging periods of their life.

#2 23-08-22 06:25:23

Mew

Re: Podcasts - who likes them, and what ones do you listen to?

Ooh good topic - the best and first I ever heard (you've probs all heard it) was S Town an extremely weird true story that just goes on and on getting more and more strange. More engaging than an excellent TV show!

https://stownpodcast.org/ looks like there's a new story too!

Technically a youtuber not a podcast but That Chapter is an every day one haha - fucked up crimey stories

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL44k- … 7PYuMU4yIw

Anastasia watches one where a psychologist analyses the characters in dirty dirty reality TV - I'm despo to hear it but I can't remember what it's called and also where would I start?! Ja'dore trash <3

IFM video editor / contributor

#3 23-08-22 10:33:29

Fredrikali

Re: Podcasts - who likes them, and what ones do you listen to?

I was recently surprised to hear that the world of podcasts is much, much larger than the youtube world, but I was glad to hear this, because I thought too many people were too hooked to some screen. I definitely feel Mikaela's reasons for preferring podcasts resonate with me.

I too listen to podcasts, and if the they are on video I often transform them to audiofiles and listen to them as if they were radio shows. Much video content I follow are primarily lectures and spoken word, anyway, with the unnecessary "talking heads" filming themselves talking into their microphones.

I do not, however, listen to any podcasts dedicated to sexual matters.

I used to watch videos of behavioural analysts break down testimonies, and try to learn some of the basics in the process, to spot false testimonies often used by media to create a gripping story.

Mew's following of crazy crime stories seems to be very common with lots of people, even in my home, and I can't help watching a little with them, out of fascination.

Perhaps somewhat related to this, in the UK they had a tabloid tv show called The Jeremy Kyle Show, I think not much unlike The Maury Show in the US or a more aggressive version of a Jerry Springer Show. (There also was a US version of Jeremy Kyle Show that proved unsuccessful).

After the demise of the Jeremy Kyle Show in the UK, paper tabloid crimey magazines aimed at a woman audience exploded and blew up the magazine stands, as if to fill the gap from the vacuum left by the tv show.

These magazines happily mix stories like "OMG I was impregnated by a serial killer" and "How to bake the perfect scones". I find these magazines a little bizarre. But so were Playboy, and today's World at War magazines with nazis "decorating" the covers, aimed at men. Now taking a peek at The Chapter, I think I'd prefer to watch that once in a while smile

Namnl-st-1.jpg

Favourite genre: Adventure
Favourite looks: Tattoo-free

Board footer