Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#1 22-09-06 12:30:17

The_Elfman
Website

VIDEO TRIBUTE TO MAX

Well I have run my video past Richard and Max and they both have given their approval for me to post it at YouTube and here so here we go. My tribute to Max. "Precious Angel".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqLFkQgfwd0

Elfman

(I originaly posted this on the "Yorkshire Airlines" thread but then decided to give it a thread of it's own to make sure it didn't get buried.  In doing so I'm afraid that I had to delete a comment from Ashmedi about it which wouldn't have made sense after I had deleted my post.  My apologies Ashmedi.  This is what he said).

Ashmedi wrote:

Beautifully done Elfman smile

A person would almost think you adored the lovely Max wink

And Max, you are delightfully photogenic wink  xxooxxoo

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense

#2 22-09-06 14:38:23

aven frey
Video editor
Website

Re: VIDEO TRIBUTE TO MAX

Elfman you make me blush!!! xoxoxox

#3 22-09-06 16:35:27

gala
bonanza jellybean of state
Website

yikes

#4 22-09-06 16:52:30

The_Elfman
Website

gala wrote:

yikes

Is that a good Yikes or a bad Yikes? smile

Elfman

#5 22-09-06 17:04:07

nihpuad

The_Elfman wrote:
gala wrote:

yikes

Is that a good Yikes or a bad Yikes? smile

Maybe both! wink

Elf, we all "know" you here, and in that context your tribute was lovely and sweet (and BTW, now I know what y'all were all enthusing about WRT Kate Rusby).

BUT... imagine if Max didn't know you, or if you were only a passing acquaintance, and she happened on that YouTube clip, esp. given that the refrain is "you belong to me." Yikes, eh?  wink

#6 22-09-06 17:06:03

gala
bonanza jellybean of state
Website

my yikeses are left to ambiguity.  unless they are followed by a qualifier.

#7 22-09-06 17:17:31

The_Elfman
Website

dauphinb2 wrote:

BUT... imagine if Max didn't know you, or if you were only a passing acquaintance, and she happened on that YouTube clip, esp. given that the refrain is "you belong to me." Yikes, eh?  wink

That is why I let Max see it and got her permission  before I posted it mate.  I'd never want to embarass her. (At least not accidentaly anyway smile)

Elfman

#8 22-09-06 22:19:16

blissed

I think thats really nice!! smile Thats such a nice melody I'm not sure I'm really bothered what the lyrics are about word for word, but I think the sentiment is just about feeling affection towards someone anyway. Someone as freaking wonderful as Max is long taken anyway, I know for a fact she's already had two husbands, the first was an airline pilot she met when she was an international air hostess and now she's married to Tom Waites (it's all in her ISM profile ) so you can only admire her from a far and dream and write her odes once a week that clog up her inbox, but I just can't help it. I JUST CAN'T!!! smile J/K. Elf thats a nice affectionate vid and when you've found someone who you belong too (and I'm pretty certain you will ) I think you'll still like Max, lots of people do, she's got a whole fan club!!!! and if it had any money left, I'd buy you a prize, well done smile

Last edited by blissed (22-09-06 22:20:59)

(Self made tycoon and independant financial advisor to the stars)

#9 22-09-06 22:31:57

The_Elfman
Website

Thanks blissed.  I knew that you would understand the sentiment.  (You're as soppy as I am smile )

#10 22-09-06 23:13:15

Journeyfan

Elfman

Loved the video - beautifully presented and with "our Kate" singing along too! - now why does that choice not surprise me wink

Oh, the ever so lovely Max...and Kate....together at the same time....it's almost too much for the heart to bear! smile

Oh dear, I've just realised how that might be interpreted - but I'll leave it in anyway!

(By the way, I did have a dabble with Windows Movie Maker earlier today and I think I'm getting the hang of it - I'll need a bit more practice before I'll create anything worthy of uploading to Youtube though!).

Oh and also BTW - Like the new avatar my Lord Elrond, how is Rivendell these days smile

Journeyfan

Last edited by Journeyfan (22-09-06 23:25:31)

"Crying to the sky .... searching for a silver lining,
Hoping that the clouds I'm climbing aren't hiding rain."

Bill Nelson - "Crying To The Sky"

#11 22-09-06 23:29:30

The_Elfman
Website

Journeyfan wrote:

(By the way, I did have a dabble with Windows Movie Maker earlier today and I think I'm getting the hang of it - I'll need a bit more practice before I'll create anything worthy of uploading to Youtube though!).

The secret of Windows Movie Maker is that you have to be patient with it Journeyfan.  It is a creaking, obsolete peice of kit but it will get there in the end.

On the subject of vids I've just watched the new Showreel vid for the first time.  Max had told me she was working on it a couple of weeks ago but I didn't know it was up yet.  Outstanding work Max.  Well done.  It is very hot. A credit to your creative talents.  (Now do you all understand why I make tribute vids to her?)  Where would this site be without her flair.

Elfman

#12 23-09-06 00:10:31

Journeyfan

The_Elfman wrote:

The secret of Windows Movie Maker is that you have to be patient with it Journeyfan.  It is a creaking, obsolete peice of kit but it will get there in the end.

Elfman

Elfman, thanks for the advice.

If I get to produce video clips that are anyway near the quality of those you have recently shared with us,  I'll be quite happy smile

I'm sure you mentioned in an earlier post that you use Windows Movie Maker, or do you use a more up-to-date program that you can recommend?

Journeyfan

#13 23-09-06 00:18:19

The_Elfman
Website

Journeyfan wrote:

I'm sure you mentioned in an earlier post that you use Windows Movie Maker, or do you use a more up-to-date program that you can recommend?

Yes I use movie maker.  I have looked at a few others but I find Movie Maker the most user-friendly that I've seen (not that I have done extensive reserch on this).  It is free as well of course. Oh and about Movie Maker don't panic if it stops responding.  Just wait and it will settle down again.

Elfman.

#14 23-09-06 00:31:09

aven frey
Video editor
Website

The_Elfman wrote:

On the subject of vids I've just watched the new Showreel vid for the first time.  Max had told me she was working on it a couple of weeks ago but I didn't know it was up yet.  Outstanding work Max.
Elfman

Thanks Elfman! Hey like the new avatar - is that you? It kinda looks like Hugo Weaving. I'm going to go and change mine now!!

#15 23-09-06 00:35:54

The_Elfman
Website

max wrote:

Hey like the new avatar - is that you? It kinda looks like Hugo Weaving. I'm going to go and change mine now!!

Thanks. Well the hair is pretty much the same. That is about all you can say though sad.

#16 23-09-06 00:37:31

Journeyfan

The_Elfman wrote:

Oh and about Movie Maker don't panic if it stops responding.  Just wait and it will settle down again.

Elfman.

Yes, that happened to me earlier this afternoon, only everything seemed to have stopped responding, not only Movie Maker, so I ended the program via Task Manager and started again!....From what you've just said, maybe a little more patience would have been the answer - I should have gone and made myself a "cuppa" and come back to it!

Thanks again for the advice - very much appreciated. smile

Journeyfan

Last edited by Journeyfan (23-09-06 00:49:20)

#17 23-09-06 02:19:01

jerryb76

Excellent work, Elfman.  Very nice contribution to a very deserving person.

"A man who only knows how to spell a word one way has no imagination."
                                                          Mark Twain

Max Fan Club, founder and President

#18 23-09-06 03:03:26

The_Elfman
Website

Thank you jerryb76

Elfman

Board footer