Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#1 07-08-06 16:32:03

blissed

I love you I want you

When someone says "I'd like you to know I love you" do they mean I want whats best for you no matter what that is, or do they mean I want you for myself.

Discuss smile

Last edited by blissed (07-08-06 16:32:21)

(Self made tycoon and independant financial advisor to the stars)

#2 07-08-06 17:53:10

nibbler

Re: I love you I want you

jolicrasseux wrote:

Both, Sir! This forum is mainly existing to allow all of us to say "I'd like you to know..." It's just what i wanted to tell to Siobahn. With other words...
We don't say but we all think these words for every wankette on site.For me there is no alternative, I dream of both ways.

Ditto here....Although I would never have the nerve to say that in so many words.

#3 07-08-06 18:18:18

nibbler

nibbler wrote:

Ditto here....Although I would never have the nerve to say that in so many words.

I meant I would never have the nerve to say that to S. smile

#4 07-08-06 18:31:07

The_Elfman
Website

It depends on the "someone" blissed.  It should mean that you want what is best for them regardless of the cost to yourself (always assuming that you know what is best for someone in the first place of course) but sadly most of the time love is the most selfish of all emotions.

But not always:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hao_Bv7g4A

Elfman.

Last edited by The_Elfman (07-08-06 18:34:02)

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense

#5 07-08-06 21:35:31

Burlesque

Not to worry, Jolicrasseux. Your post to Siobhan was beautiful and lovely, and no one in their right mind could possibly be anything but charmed by such sweet and poetic language. And anyway, you are French, so a bit of wooing is to be expected smile.

Burlesque.

Maintain a sense of humour about it, whatever "it" is.

"Max Fan Club" Head of Security and In-house Sycophant. (Who says evil can't be a full-time occupation?)

#6 07-08-06 22:00:30

The_Elfman
Website

Je suis d'accord avec la burlesque. Votre écriture est toujours beau et délicieux Jolicrasseux. Je suis sûr que Siobhan l'a reçue dans l'esprit on l'a prévu que.

(Please excuse this terrible French).

Elfman.

Last edited by The_Elfman (07-08-06 22:01:38)

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense

#7 07-08-06 22:17:48

Burlesque

"la burlesque"? I'm a woman now? That's "Le Burlesque" to you, buster!

There are different kinds of love. The love for a child is, I'm given to understand, unselfish in most instances, but when it comes to romantic love I think that The Elf is correct in his assertion that it's a very egoistic emotion. I would even go so far as to say that much of what we call love is a projection of desired traits onto a person who roughly fits the bill of what we want, or - in more extreme cases - a person who happens to be at hand when we need to love someone.

Burlesque.

"Max Fan Club" Head of Security and In-house Sycophant. (Who says evil can't be a full-time occupation?)

#8 08-08-06 00:47:26

Warmtouch

The_Elfman wrote:

...most of the time love is the most selfish of all emotions.

But not always:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hao_Bv7g4A

Elfman.

Best movie ever made.

I knew I liked you.

#9 09-08-06 21:51:32

Siobhan

everyone is of course correct that i was very touched by joli's lovely comments and took them in the spirit they were intended smile

as for blissed's question -- I think I'd love to hear what the story is behind the question!

Under all speech that is good for any-thing there lies a silence that is better.  Silence is as deep as Eternity;  speech is as shallow as Time.--Thomas Carlysle

#10 10-08-06 02:20:09

Tommy

I often get a desperate feeling that can only be calmed by all the people i care about in the world affirming that they know how much I love them.  I think it is about leaving some sort of legacy or actually feeling like you've made an inprint somewhere in someones life... my lady says its always right before my monthly.

#11 10-08-06 03:18:44

blissed

Tommy wrote:

I often get a desperate feeling that can only be calmed by all the people i care about in the world affirming that they know how much I love them.  I think it is about leaving some sort of legacy or actually feeling like you've made an inprint somewhere in someones life... my lady says its always right before my monthly.

I suppose they all get to know when to expect their monthly desperate call from you smile

Siobhan wrote:

as for blissed's question -- I think I'd love to hear what the story is behind the question!

Ha ha I'll tell you soon, but first here's a tiny clue smile

_________________s$__________ ____s
_________________.s$$_________ ____s$
________________s$$$?______s__ ___s$³
______________.s$$$___ __.s$, ___s$$³
_____________s$$$$³______.s$__ _.$$³
________, ____$$$$$.______s$³__ __³$
________$___$$$$$$s_____s$³___ __³,
_______s$___³$$$$$$$s___$$$, ` ____..
_______$$____³$$$$$$s.__³$$s__ ___, ,
________³$.____³$$$$$$$s_.s$$$_ ___
_______`$$.____³$$$$$$$_$$$$__ _s³
________³$$s____³$$$$$$s$$$³__ s$³
_________³$$s____$$$$$s$$$$`__ s$$
______s.__$$$$___s$$$$$$$$³_.s $$³__
______$$_s$$$$..s$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $³__
______s$.s$$$$s$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $_
_____s$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$³
____s$$$ssss$$$$$$$$$$ssss$$$s
___$$s§§§§§§§§§s$$$$s§§§§§§§§§$$
___³§§§§§§§§§§§§§s$s§§§§§§§§§§§§§³
___§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§s§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
___³§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
____³§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§³
_____³§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§³
______³§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§³
________³§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§³
__________³§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§³
____________³§§§§§§§§§§§³
_______________³§§§§§³
_________________³§³

Last edited by blissed (10-08-06 03:19:34)

(Self made tycoon and independant financial advisor to the stars)

#12 10-08-06 03:21:20

Siobhan

um, your heart is on fire?

you've gotta hunka-hunk-a burnin' love?

Under all speech that is good for any-thing there lies a silence that is better.  Silence is as deep as Eternity;  speech is as shallow as Time.--Thomas Carlysle

#13 10-08-06 05:39:24

frankie

Burlesque wrote:

I would even go so far as to say that much of what we call love is a projection of desired traits onto a person who roughly fits the bill of what we want, or - in more extreme cases - a person who happens to be at hand when we need to love someone.

Burlesque.

Damn, I think I agree. And there I was thinking that I enjoyed more fanciful, romantic notions of love. Perhaps the when I fall in love again I will disagree and allow myself to be swept up in the moment but right now I tend to agree.

#14 10-08-06 09:25:04

Burlesque

Exactly, Frankie: when one is in love, these thoughts are the furthest from one's mind, which is good ... in a way ...

That's lovely, Blissed, and so typical of you: a heart burning with dollar signs.

Burlesque.

#15 10-08-06 10:18:31

Stoneyyy

whats love gotta do gotta do with it big_smile

#16 10-08-06 11:42:04

Warmtouch

Burlesque wrote:

The love for a child is, I'm given to understand, unselfish in most instances, but when it comes to romantic love I think that The Elf is correct in his assertion that it's a very egoistic emotion. I would even go so far as to say that much of what we call love is a projection of desired traits onto a person who roughly fits the bill of what we want, or - in more extreme cases - a person who happens to be at hand when we need to love someone.

Burlesque.

That may be true in the early stages, certainly. And it provides the perfect brush-off line, "you can't possibly love me, you barely know me," which is pretty much unanswerable. But it's rather unfair, as it denies the possibility of love between anybody who wasn't already good friends for years.

However, what you describe is no longer correct after several years, and certainly not after 10 or 20. Eventually you come to love the person for what THEY are, not for what you want them to be.

The truest test of love is not the good times but the bad ones. The hand-in-hand moonlit walks along the beach are the easy part. It's the 4 AM dash to the hospital with projectile vomiting and a raging fever, or the periods of depression and anxiety, that determine whether you really love someone with all their faults and weaknesses, or merely what you wish they were.

#17 10-08-06 12:19:43

PeteUK

Many years ago, around the time when my mother must have come to the conclusion that yes, one day her youngest son would get his head out of the box of Lego for long enough to notice women existed, she gave me some very salient advice. Thankfully, I was listening at the time, a rare enough occurrence to be of note in itself.

What she told me was this: that if you intend spending the rest of your life with someone, before any thoughts of marriage one should ‘winter and summer them’. That is, to spend a full year round in their company.

When you have seen the object of your affection stricken with a streaming head-cold, red of nose and hacking of cough, and stubbornly hogging the duvet; when you have seen them sweaty and lethargic in the summer humidity, spotted with prickly heat and throwing the bedclothes aside in the middle of the night; when you have been with them through all the joys and ills a full year can bring, that’s when you’ll start to know whether you can make it last or not.

Warmtouch, you are right: love can’t be judged on what it’s like when everything’s going right. The relationships that last are the ones that can make it though the troubled times too. And, more importantly, through the grinding, day-to-day tedium that the forms the majority of a life. Get through a year of ‘get up, go to work, come home, watch TV, go to bed, repeat’ and you’ll have a pretty good idea of where you stand!

There will be some things my mother and I will never see eye to eye on – she still refuses to pronounce ‘tarantula’ properly, for example – but I’ve always remembered the ‘winter and summer’ thing. Backed up, of course, by example: she and my father will be celebrating their sixty-fourth wedding anniversary in a month or so…

Those who do not learn from History are doomed to repeatedly fail their History exams.

#18 10-08-06 12:52:36

Siobhan

wow. wow. such great posts these are; as often happens, i'm feeling honored to be among you fine people. . . .

#19 10-08-06 14:28:08

nibbler

Siobhan wrote:

i'm feeling honored to be among you fine people. . . .

No No No.. you got it all wrong.. Its actually the other way round.. I (just a perv/lecher/gutter mouse)/We(folks.. fill in here what you think you are) feel honored to have you here... smile

Take care.. And hope you have all your fantasies fulfilled so you can stay happy and write happy.

#20 11-08-06 02:54:40

frankie

Warmtouch wrote:

The truest test of love is not the good times but the bad ones. The hand-in-hand moonlit walks along the beach are the easy part. It's the 4 AM dash to the hospital with projectile vomiting and a raging fever, or the periods of depression and anxiety, that determine whether you really love someone with all their faults and weaknesses, or merely what you wish they were.

Absolutely. I think what we are really talking about now is the difference bewteen being in love with someone and loving someone. Sometimes they happen simulataneously and these times one should cherish because it is usually a long time between drinks. So to speak.

But I also think it is possible to be in love with someone without developing the deep love that comes with time, trials and tribulations. Conversely, it is also possible to love someone deeply without the sheen of being in love with them.

I'm curious to learn if anyone thinks it's possible to be in love with more than person? Anyone experienced it?

#21 11-08-06 03:47:27

Siobhan

I presume you mean at the same time?
I have. yes.

#22 11-08-06 04:27:17

frankie

Yes, sorry at the same time. Was the love you felt for both people equal in relative terms or was one deeper or more passionate? I thought I was once but hindsight has altered my perspective.

#23 11-08-06 23:58:46

The_West_Wind

It can be the three hardest words to say. Even now I still find it hard to say it, even to my closest of friends and family. Even with a script in hand and the words on paper there would be some hesitation as the words would pry themself from my mouth.
Why is is so hard to say "I love you"?

It's difficult to equate the feelings of love between a couple, because true as it is, one in the couple loves the other more than the other loves one.
(If that makes sence.)
It hurts, but this thread has inspired me.
It has inspired me to pluck up the courage and ask a young lady I've had a crush on for quite a while if I can ask her out sometime. (C'mon, let's start off simple)
We've known eachother for a while and I think there could be something there.

Oh god, I feel like I just swallowed a brick.
I'm not sure if I can do this...

Well... there was nothing in my dark side that really interested me. I guess I just dont have what it takes to be a bad guy.

#24 12-08-06 00:05:18

Burlesque

"Everyone says I love you
Just what they do it for I never knew
It's just inviting trouble for the poor sucker who
Says I love you."

Burlesque.

#25 12-08-06 04:51:40

nibbler

The_West_Wind wrote:

It has inspired me to pluck up the courage and ask a young lady I've had a crush on for quite a while if I can ask her out sometime. (C'mon, let's start off simple)
We've known eachother for a while and I think there could be something there.

Lovely TWW... did she say yes? smile

Board footer