Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#1 09-07-06 23:37:39

Elfman

Ashmedi - Urgent Announcment To All Subscribers

Most of you will be aware that Ashmedi has been fighting a battle with increasing loss of vision for some time.  I received the following block email from him at 19:36 GMT.   

Ashmedi wrote:

Sorry for syntax and the dis-jointed rambling etc
Increasingly difficult to see keys and display.
doing this in word with windows magnifier activated
will copy and paste to forum and emails
cannot be sure I will be able to read anything tomorrow at the rate of vision loss eye haemorrhaged again on wed and I can only do this with difficulty. Increasing blur, dimness, loss of central focus and contrast, have distortion almost dead center in the right eye, the worst possible place.
Distortion is more pronounced daily.
Am down to 1 finger typing as I don’t have enough hands
Miss everybody and not sure how much longer I can make it here to check emails.
Every day is worse than the previous and red tape says I cant have another laser treatment till Aug 4th, by then I expect to be blind in the right and dealing with getting around using the distorted left vision,
My mind is working overtime and there is a ton of things I should say and can’t and a general feeling of despair and I apologize for mentioning that
Not sure if or when I will be back, I will try to read and visit but may not be able to post or email, not stone blind but difficult to do too much.
At the moment, I can see big things and I still have enough brightness to get around on foot or bus. TV is almost Impossible to see, I can see bodies but not features and don’t know who I am looking at. Words on the TV are now history.
Will have trouble doing wash or cooking, can’t read instructions any more,
I think I got all the typos, not sure.

Ashmedi

Since I received this email 3 hours ago and his message has still not appeared on the forum I am assuming that he is having difficulty posting it and I have therefore taken the liberty of posting it on his behalf. (After informing him at 20:00 GMT that it was my intention to do so if the message had not been posted by 22:30 GMT).

I know that all of you who have been with the site for any length of time will be as saddened by this news as I am.  Ashmedi  is a sweet, gentle man who has been a major contributor to this forum since the very early days and his absence from these pages (albeit hopefully a temporary one) will make it a poorer, colder place.

I know that IFM means a great deal to him and I’m sure that he would be delighted to hear from his old friends here.   You can email him directly here:

http://www.ifeelmyself.com/forum/misc.php?email=2265

Elfman.

Last edited by Elfman (10-07-06 10:59:26)

#2 10-07-06 00:08:46

Siobhan

Re: Ashmedi - Urgent Announcment To All Subscribers

Thank you, Elfman, for sharing this news.

Ashmedi, bon courage! I hug you, I hug you to my heart, in my heart. Will send more personal thoughts via email.

I'm not sure what the new website consists of, but it sounds as if it will have a strong audio component.

Obviously, Ashmedi is dealing with much more difficult and despair-inducing issues than whether or not he can read the IFM forum and see the submissions. However, it occurs to me that there is a variety of ways we might accomodate him -- opportunities for some creative thinking this week.

There's a time for fear and grieving, Ashmedi, and not problem-solving. This sounds like it may be one of those times, so I hope you'll let yourself feel the despair -- your life is changing, there is loss; grief is a part of life -- hope you'll allow it.

At some point, it might be helpful to think of Milton, one of the greatest observers of the human condition, and others.  Your life is changing, and life -- we've learned -- is not fair. But your life is not ending. Life is rich.

I kiss your eyes.

Siobhan

Under all speech that is good for any-thing there lies a silence that is better.  Silence is as deep as Eternity;  speech is as shallow as Time.--Thomas Carlysle

#3 10-07-06 01:22:40

ashmedi

Elfman

Thank you for posting this here, Vould do do me a favor tho.
My wife is unfortunately old school, and does not approve of these sites. Would you be a good fellow and edit the post to remove the mintjewel reference please and thanks.
I would have done that earlier but was not on the system, and while I would have sent you an email, it would have been stripped of the other addy.
PS My wife receiced the emails, I told her I did too, and she did not ask who you were. So no harm or foul.
Thank you friend, I owe you again.

PPS I will sadlt be letting the subscription lapse since I can't see them hardly at all. If miracles happen, I will be back somedays

Ashmedi is an ancient god of rage and lust.
I don't feel rage, but the lust part fits like a glove.
"Isn't this a lovely day my friend ?
Just watch some b@st@rd screw it up"

#4 10-07-06 01:44:00

kronocide

Ashmedi, I know you and I do not qualify as old friends, still I can't help being very affected by your condition. What a nightmare you are going through. New as I am in this place, I don't hesitate to say that the thoughts of everyone here are with you, and that we will be available for you in whatever manner you choose to communicate. I am personally hopeful that you will find technological aids--a voice interpretor, read-aloud software--to assist you until a more permanent medical solution is found. I hope to hear from you here soon.

/Kronocide

[A copy will be emailed.]

"Everytime I hear that melody--puts me up a tree..."
--Tom Waits

#5 10-07-06 03:17:56

ashmedi

Siobhan wrote:

I kiss your eyes.

Siobhan

I thank you for the sentiment and hope that I will be able to return at some point.

#6 10-07-06 03:24:18

ashmedi

kronocide wrote:

Ashmedi, I know you and I do not qualify as old friends, still I can't help being very affected by your condition. What a nightmare you are going through. New as I am in this place, I don't hesitate to say that the thoughts of everyone here are with you, and that we will be available for you in whatever manner you choose to communicate. I am personally hopeful that you will find technological aids--a voice interpretor, read-aloud software--to assist you until a more permanent medical solution is found. I hope to hear from you here soon.

/Kronocide

[A copy will be emailed.]

Kronocide, received your email and I thank you.
I guess we will see, seeing as how it is changing daily, I have no idea where I am headed. It is definitly beyond my control.
Guy I work with just called and he will be looking for some of the techie stuff. I will be expiring in 1 more day and forum access will be lost to me. So if I never get to ralk to you again, thank you again.

And thank you Elfman and Burlesque and Siobhan also for the emails, they were appreciated.

#7 10-07-06 04:29:39

blissed

If your able to read this Ashmedi just sent your wife an email to read to you. I write all over the net on all sorts of forums and theres no reason why you shouldn't be any different. So chin up and get that speach to text software. Actually she's your very best freind right now so at least you've got your keenest supporter right there with you.

(Self made tycoon and independant financial advisor to the stars)

#8 10-07-06 05:46:02

blissed

Ashmedi do you have text to speech?

Last edited by blissed (10-07-06 05:46:56)

#9 10-07-06 11:05:29

Elfman

ashmedi wrote:

Elfman

Thank you for posting this here, Vould do do me a favor tho.
My wife is unfortunately old school, and does not approve of these sites. Would you be a good fellow and edit the post to remove the mintjewel reference please and thanks.
I would have done that earlier but was not on the system, and while I would have sent you an email, it would have been stripped of the other addy.
PS My wife receiced the emails, I told her I did too, and she did not ask who you were. So no harm or foul.
Thank you friend, I owe you again.

PPS I will sadlt be letting the subscription lapse since I can't see them hardly at all. If miracles happen, I will be back somedays

Done Ashmedi.  Sorry if I caused you any embarrassment mate.  I hope you can see emails in large, bold print as I will be emailing you.

For now all my best wishes go with you.

Elfman

#10 10-07-06 14:38:04

The_West_Wind

What can be said that hasnt already been so. Ashmedi's departure had better be temporary. Elfman was right, the forum does feel like a colder place with his departure.
But if all goes according to our hopes and prayers, we will see and new and improved Ashmedi.

Show faith in today's surgical techniques. We can rebuild him. We can make him faster, stronger, better.

Well... there was nothing in my dark side that really interested me. I guess I just dont have what it takes to be a bad guy.

#11 10-07-06 16:47:48

ashmedi

Thanks all, i made a separate post.
Now even harder ro get around.
Don't know if I will back again
beyond my control and wishes now.
Appreciate everything more than i say

libe long and prosper

#12 10-07-06 18:47:57

blissed

PLEEEEEEEESE!!!!!!!!! nobody  Email Ashmedi directly from the forum because he sometimes gets his wife to read some things for him and an email directly from the forum contains the words "Blissed has emailed you from the ifeelmyself.com forum"

He hasn't got text to speech yet and almost certainly can't read this.

please contact him at

dreamwerxx AT rogers DOT com

make everything large and bold 24 point or larger and just be a net buddy from anywhere without making any reference to the site. It looks like his wife may have to read everything for him tomorrow.  thanks smile

Last edited by blissed (10-07-06 18:48:53)

#13 11-07-06 00:14:08

Elfman

blissed wrote:

PLEEEEEEEESE!!!!!!!!! nobody  Email Ashmedi directly from the forum because he sometimes gets his wife to read some things for him and an email directly from the forum contains the words "Blissed has emailed you from the ifeelmyself.com forum"

He hasn't got text to speech yet and almost certainly can't read this.

please contact him at

dreamwerxx AT rogers DOT com

make everything large and bold 24 point or larger and just be a net buddy from anywhere without making any reference to the site. It looks like his wife may have to read everything for him tomorrow.  thanks smile

Thanks blissed.  I should have thought of posting that.

Elfman.

#14 11-07-06 01:27:38

blissed

Thats OK Elf. Whats happening to him is so heavy, I don't feel like posting in here about anything else today.

#15 11-07-06 18:07:29

ashmedi

Thanks Blissed, and everyone else.
Day 6 since the hemorrage and I think to day may be the same as yesterday, which means it may not have gotten worse for the first day in those 6.

Still day by day, still on a rollercoaster out of my control.

If I should suddenly disappear, it will mean the worst.
I want everybody to know up front while I still can that I appreciate the prayers and good vibes, I wish this wasn't happening, I wish I had some control, and I will miss each and every one you.

I will obviously try to return later.

I think I got the typos, only 7 this time.
I really should have learned touch typing, but you can't teach an old dog new tricks. smile

Board footer