Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#1 27-06-06 21:54:44

blissed

Looming presence

Just found this pic. If this storm was an orgasm, what sort would it be do you reckon! It's a pretty awsome site isn't it. It would be wonderful to see it in real life and you'd kick yourself if you didn't have a camera.

loomingpresence7tm.jpg

Last edited by blissed (27-06-06 21:55:19)

(Self made tycoon and independant financial advisor to the stars)

#2 27-06-06 21:59:43

Elfman

Re: Looming presence

Wow.  What a fantastic picture.  Can you imagine what it would be like standing in a field and watching that slide over you and feeling the charged air? Awe inspiring!!

Elfman.

Last edited by Elfman (27-06-06 22:00:24)

#3 27-06-06 23:31:04

captaintp

Um.. don't you guys think those trees or poles or whatever they are look kind of 3d-modeled? And, ehum, the cloud too. This is definitely compoter graphics.

Cap'n TightPants
---
This is soooooo good! It's like sex, except I'm having it.

#4 27-06-06 23:40:24

Bishop of Bath & Wells

Amazing picture, but it doesn't look 'real' enough for me.

Bish

#5 28-06-06 00:26:30

blissed

No the type of orgasm this storm represents isn't a fake orgasm smile I found the pic incidentally so it could have been fake but I've just done a googly on Jorn C Olsen the name on the pic and it seems like it's real. Their called Mammatus clouds and their found in Nabraska where he lives
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammatus

This is Olsens website

http://www.jornolsen.com/osCommerce/index.php?cPath=21

It's funny, we see so many CGI images without realising it too (because its cheaper than finding a completely period environment say ) I think that like Elf said it would be great to stand under these clouds before a storm.

#6 28-06-06 07:26:08

msnevil

Being from the midwest, I have seen these type of clouds before. Usually when the  Artic stream hits the gulf stream. ie "storm front". (Also known as "Boob Clouds.")

The picture could be a image enhancement.?

But the clouds usually form around a severe storm. And can have preceding "Halo's, rainbows, and other neet effects."

(Btw- a tornado went through my area about a week ago. And I lost power for a couple days. The really wierd part. I just saw these type of clouds 5 days ago. And the first time I'm able to revisit this site. The clouds seemed to follow me. Nice quink- ie -dink.)

And no, I would want to be "elfman" or anybody else near these clouds...When these type of clouds appear, A "tornado" is usually near by.

#7 28-06-06 13:14:54

richard
Administrator

All the best things on earth are in the sky.  Clouds, rainbows, lightning, stars, moons, auroras, sunsets...oh and aeroplanes.

#8 28-06-06 21:20:40

blissed

When I had a Sunday job collecting trolleys in a drab crappy supermarket car park . I used to console myself with the fact that half of all I could see was the sky, and that was very often magnificent. It sort of worked but you still had this annoying bit at the bottom full of concrete and cars, and if you spend too much time looking up when your pushing a train of trolleys amongst moving cars, there comes a time when you wished you'd looked where you were going smile

Last edited by blissed (28-06-06 21:28:18)

#9 28-06-06 21:34:40

Burlesque

"Annoying bit at the bottom". That's where Photoshop and the like comes in! Or ... are you talking about real life!? Can't be bothered with it myself. Too hard to edit.

Burlesque.

Maintain a sense of humour about it, whatever "it" is.

"Max Fan Club" Head of Security and In-house Sycophant. (Who says evil can't be a full-time occupation?)

#10 30-06-06 19:50:16

blissed

43110 upside down its hello.

Last edited by blissed (30-06-06 19:50:37)

#11 03-07-06 05:23:58

The_West_Wind

dust.jpg
When the West Wind comes to your town. (I wish.)

Hey Blissed, if this storm was an orgasm, what sort would it be?

Well... there was nothing in my dark side that really interested me. I guess I just dont have what it takes to be a bad guy.

#12 03-07-06 09:27:28

bobsully

Ah, but there's nothing like a twister...swirling, mounting momentum, faster and faster, revolving fury, with a strange calm in the eye of the storm, and after its over a little rain, then peace again.

#13 04-07-06 01:44:22

blissed

The_West_Wind wrote:

Hey Blissed, if this storm was an orgasm, what sort would it be?

It reminds me a bit about what people say about not having sex on the beach because sand gets everywhere. It is a sandstorm isn't it. I've never been in one of those. I think I'd be terrified that I couldn't breath, so if it represents anything it is having somebody sat on my face smile I like the song 'sit on my face' by monty python
http://www.ringtonio.nl/play/?id=66908& … rtlo=24240

Yeah bobsully tornado's are great too. I love watching them from the safety of my home smile
http://www.insaneclips.com/tornadovideo.php

#14 16-07-06 02:34:36

Stoneyyy

blissed wrote:

It reminds me a bit about what people say about not having sex on the beach because sand gets everywhere. It is a sandstorm isn't it.

That picture I believe is of a dust storm, very common in parts of Australia

#15 16-07-06 03:43:56

blissed

Hi Stoneyyy, welcome to the forum smile

Last edited by blissed (16-07-06 03:44:13)

#16 04-08-06 02:09:45

Siobhan

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060801/ap_ … a_clouds_4

(Blissed, I was hoping you could bring this to the forum, if you find it worthwhile. . . I am missing certain key technical skills, you see. . . thx! )

Under all speech that is good for any-thing there lies a silence that is better.  Silence is as deep as Eternity;  speech is as shallow as Time.--Thomas Carlysle

#17 04-08-06 07:10:57

aven frey
Video editor
Website

Siobhan wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060801/ap_ … a_clouds_4

(Blissed, I was hoping you could bring this to the forum, if you find it worthwhile. . . I am missing certain key technical skills, you see. . . thx! )

captmaw80308010725antarcticacloudsmaw803qn7.jpg

Being feel good Friday and all!!

#18 04-08-06 07:51:50

Siobhan

Global Climate Change Produces Extremely Rare Cloud Formations
Tue Aug 1, 7:35 PM ET
Some of the coldest temperatures on Earth brought a rare cloud formation to the skies over Antarctica, scientists said Tuesday.

Meteorological officer Renae Baker captured spectacular images of the nacreous clouds, also known as polar stratospheric clouds, last week at Australia's Mawson station in Antarctica.

The clouds only occur at high polar latitudes in winter, requiring temperatures less than minus 176 degrees Fahrenheit. A weather balloon measured temperatures at minus 189 degrees Fahrenheit on the day the photos were taken.

Resembling airborne mother-of-pearl shells, the clouds are produced when fading light at sunset passes through water-ice crystals blown along a strong jet of stratospheric air more than six miles above the ground.

"Amazingly, the winds at this height were blowing at nearly 230 kilometers (143 miles) per hour," Baker said on the Australian government's Antarctic Division's Web site.

Australian Antarctic Division atmospheric scientist Andrew Klekociuk said the clouds are seldom seen, but are occasionally produced by air passing over polar mountains.

"You have to be in the right part of the world in winter, and have the sun just below your horizon to see them," he said.

(thx, Max!)  for more info: http://www.aad.gov.au/

Under all speech that is good for any-thing there lies a silence that is better.  Silence is as deep as Eternity;  speech is as shallow as Time.--Thomas Carlysle

#19 04-08-06 17:37:38

The_Elfman
Website

They are lovely.  all the more so for being so rare.

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense

#20 04-08-06 18:38:04

jerryb76

minus 176 degrees Fahrenheit, Over 30k feet, 143 knt winds...is that cool or what?

"A man who only knows how to spell a word one way has no imagination."
                                                          Mark Twain

Max Fan Club, founder and President

#21 04-08-06 19:22:17

Siobhan

I know, it's shocking, particularly when I have to come home from meetings four times a day and change out of dresses that are clinging to my body with sweat -- er, what did my perfect Southern Belle mother say about using that word? horses sweat, men perspire, and ladies "glow."

well, here on this continent, we could swim in the glow. I want to be at Mawson Station.

Board footer