Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#1 18-06-06 15:01:14

Elfman

Really, really pissed

Just discovered that I've lost my wallet.  Last time I had it was friday afternoon when I withdrew £200.00 from an ATM (obviously that's gone).  Also in the wallet was my bank card (£400.00 taken out over two days.  God knows how they managed this without a PIN number.  I should get that back but it will take months).  Also my credit card. Luckily I was maxed out on this so they couldn't do any damage there.  Problem is I'm now cleaned out so I can't put any money into my credit card account and my BA subscription runs out in 2 days so I'm looking at about two weeks without BA.  (Luckily I have 27 days to run on my IFM subscription so I should be sorted by then).

What really pisses me off is that my housemate and I are trying to buy the house we now rent and we have both been saving like crazy to raise the deposit.  I'd saved the best part of £800.00 in two months so if I don't get back the £400.00 fraudulently taken from my bank account (added to the £200.00 which was in my wallet) I can kiss most of that goodbye and I'm back to square one.   

Life sucks sometimes, don't it?

Elfman.

Last edited by Elfman (18-06-06 15:04:57)

#2 18-06-06 15:10:39

Burlesque

Re: Really, really pissed

Life sucking is the natural state of things, I'm afraid.

I'm very sorry to hear about this, Elfman. I'm not sure how this sort of thing works in England, but I have a friend here who had pretty much the same thing happen to him, and the bank replaced his money rapidly. According to him, it's less expensive for them to refund customers this way than it is to change to a new and safer security/ATM system, which would probably cost them tens of millions. They will obviously have to, sooner or later. Talk to the bank! Unless you speak to someone who's obstinate just for the sake of it, I hope you will find them as helpful in these matters as the Swedish banks generally are. If the thieves didn't have your PIN code, it's the bank's security system that is at fault here, and it's not a question of you being careless!

Burlesque.

Last edited by Burlesque (18-06-06 15:11:43)

Maintain a sense of humour about it, whatever "it" is.

"Max Fan Club" Head of Security and In-house Sycophant. (Who says evil can't be a full-time occupation?)

#3 18-06-06 15:22:54

Bishop of Bath & Wells

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Elfman. A fortnight without BA is indeed a cruel fate to befall any man. sad

Bish

#4 18-06-06 17:38:24

ashmedi

Sorry to hear Elfman. Not sure how your banks work, but I believe I'd be liable until they are notified at which point they would close the accounts to prevent future losses.

If they are using your PIN, then you are a victim of identify theft possibly. You should check with any credit agencies and advise. If they have your identity, they will be able to get a drivers licence, social security card, birth certificate etc.

If I lost mine my birth certificate would disappear since it is in the wallet for cross border travel, and it would be months before I would have a replacement.

Best of luck on all your recoveries.

Ashmedi is an ancient god of rage and lust.
I don't feel rage, but the lust part fits like a glove.
"Isn't this a lovely day my friend ?
Just watch some b@st@rd screw it up"

Board footer