Elfman

World cup latest

Australia 3 - Japan 1

http://www.politicalgateway.com/news/read/18515

Go Ausie.

#2 12-06-06 19:00:33

Nowaysis

Re: World cup latest

Don't talk of it, our three overpayed, overrated and overpublicized "super swedes" Larsson, Ljungberg and Ibrahimovic can't have made much of an impression on the Trinidadians. sad

Let us scatter our clothes to the wind

#3 12-06-06 20:03:32

Bishop of Bath & Wells

Nowaysis wrote:

Don't talk of it, our three overpayed, overrated and overpublicized "super swedes" Larsson, Ljungberg and Ibrahimovic can't have made much of an impression on the Trinidadians. sad

Glad to see you excluded Sir Olaf of Mellberg from that unhappy bunch. The man is a colossus for Villa, despite being hampered by that ill-judged beard.

Bish

#4 12-06-06 20:05:07

Nowaysis

Well, he's not in the team to win the matches, he's in it to make sure they don't lose. wink

#5 12-06-06 23:47:07

Elfman

Are we not going to mention England's Swede then?

000714068102lzzzzzzz9lc.jpg

(By the way I know sod all about football so am completely out of my depth here)

Elfman

#6 12-06-06 23:52:45

Burlesque

I'm not into the subject of this thread, but Sven-Göran Eriksson has really managed to put Sweden on the map. Thanks to him we're known as a nation of ... I won't say anything nasty here, because it is not my habit to do so, but you can fill in the rest, using any expletives you feel comfortable with. And we're not like him! In reality we're a nation of masturbation-ogling Internet perverts. I just wanted to set the record straight.

Burlesque.

Last edited by Burlesque (12-06-06 23:53:03)

Maintain a sense of humour about it, whatever "it" is.

"Max Fan Club" Head of Security and In-house Sycophant. (Who says evil can't be a full-time occupation?)

#7 15-06-06 22:56:35

Nowaysis

Elfman: Since he has very little to do with the results of Sweden's matches (except the ones against England) I didn't really feel there was any point. But now that we've beaten Paraguay, and need at least one point from the match against England to be completely sure of going through to the next round, I'll echo what one of the commentators on Swedish television said, let's hope for our (the Swedes') sake that he puts Tord Grip on the midfield now that England's advancement is secured. wink

Last edited by Nowaysis (15-06-06 22:58:08)

#8 15-06-06 23:08:02

Warmtouch

Burlesque wrote:

I'm not into the subject of this thread, but Sven-Göran Eriksson has really managed to put Sweden on the map. Thanks to him we're known as a nation of ... I won't say anything nasty here, because it is not my habit to do so, but you can fill in the rest, using any expletives you feel comfortable with. And we're not like him! In reality we're a nation of masturbation-ogling Internet perverts. I just wanted to set the record straight.

Burlesque.

Thanks to him you're known as a nation of ... what? World-class football coaches? I've never heard anybody suggest that anything Sven did reflected on the Swedish nation. If you're thinking of the fling with the bimbo, that barely flicks the needle on the celebrity-naughtiness-o-meter. Now, if he were caught shagging a naked woman who was astride him facing backwards while he drove a Harley up the M1, high on cocaine, with a Scotland flag flying from the handlebars... well, you can be sure the England fans would be pretty darn annoyed about that Scotland flag.

#9 15-06-06 23:09:01

Nowaysis

Gotta keep your priorities straight, I'll give them respect for that. wink

#10 15-06-06 23:17:49

Elfman

Nowaysis wrote:

Elfman: Since he has very little to do with the results of Sweden's matches (except the ones against England) I didn't really feel there was any point. But now that we've beaten Paraguay, and need at least one point from the match against England to be completely sure of going through to the next round, I'll echo what one of the commentators on Swedish television said, let's hope for our (the Swedes') sake that he puts Tord Grip on the midfield now that England's advancement is secured. wink

like I said earlier I know sod all about football.   Since reading your post Nowaysis I have checked and discovered that England are indeed playing Sweden on Tuesday.  Er.  That doesn't mean that you and I have to throw bottles at each other or chant inanley does it?  If it's all the same with you I'd rather not do that.  Would I be breaking some rule If I wished Sweden good luck?

#11 15-06-06 23:35:17

Nowaysis

I did kick a popcorn bowl square across the room after our draw against Trinidad & Tobago in sheer frustration, but I'm otherwise not in the habit of behaving like a typical run of the mill hooligan, so I think we can leave that to the usual misfits and knuckleheads. And besides, it's a mighty long way to throw even something as light as a beer bottle, don't you think? wink

No rules broken at all, in fact, I'd consider you the perfect sports man, and I will, begrudgingly, considering the situation, return the favour. smile

#12 15-06-06 23:45:36

Elfman

Thanks Nowaysis.  That's very sporting of you.  By the way does Ausie get to go through to the next round?  Since they usualy kick the crap out of England at Rugby (both codes) it would be nice to have a chance to thrash them at something. If not I suppose I will just have to wait until this years ashes tour smile.

Last edited by Elfman (15-06-06 23:50:58)

#13 16-06-06 01:11:18

Burlesque

Warmtouch wrote:
Burlesque wrote:

Burlesque.

Thanks to him you're known as a nation of ... what? World-class football coaches? I've never heard anybody suggest that anything Sven did reflected on the Swedish nation. If you're thinking of the fling with the bimbo, that barely flicks the needle on the celebrity-naughtiness-o-meter. Now, if he were caught shagging a naked woman who was astride him facing backwards while he drove a Harley up the M1, high on cocaine, with a Scotland flag flying from the handlebars... well, you can be sure the England fans would be pretty darn annoyed about that Scotland flag.

... a nation of big children. I don't consider his activities "naughty" (naughty is nice), just childish. Having said that, he's probably good att what he does professionally, and ... ooops, now I almost said something about how coaching a football team hardly requires emotional maturity, but that wouldn't have been fair either, would it wink.

I sincerely hope England (or any other nation but Sweden) wins this, because that would mean I could actually go to a pub afterwards without having to listen to overly-inebriated football fans going "Awuhh-awuhh-awuhh" all night for about the following week.

I shall immediately stop "trolling" (is that the correct term?) this thread, and go back to being a perve on the other ones instead. Sorry about the inconvenience. As you were.

Burlesque.

"Max Fan Club" Head of Security and In-house Sycophant. (Who says evil can't be a full-time occupation?)

#14 16-06-06 03:20:34

stolengirlfriend

Burlesque wrote:

I shall immediately stop "trolling" (is that the correct term?) this thread

I always thought that "trolling" is when you inadvertently roll around with the fly on your trousers unzipped.  I could be wrong though.

smile

Go Germany / England.

I used to be a sweet boy.

#15 16-06-06 07:25:51

nihpuad

stolengirlfriend wrote:

I always thought that "trolling" is when you inadvertently roll around with the fly on your trousers unzipped.  I could be wrong though.

I'm so innocent (;)) I thought it has something to do with catching fish.

#16 16-06-06 12:20:38

tellin

Funny how a word means so many different things to different people. To an adult chat room moderator, (as I am) trolling is when someone posts the same thing repeatedly to attract an instant message. And something I kick people out for doing.

OK, sorry. Please go back to your 'footie' stuff.

Last edited by tellin (16-06-06 12:24:34)

#17 16-06-06 12:58:25

Burlesque

I've just discovered the word "flame-bait". Maybe that was what I was doing? wink

Burlesque.

#18 16-06-06 16:59:25

bodyhead

One meaning of 'trolling' is baiting for fish. That meaning was passed on to internet newsgroups, message boards etc. to mean someone - a troll - who is posting  not to participate, but just to bait people, usually by making them upset or angry.

#19 16-06-06 17:07:00

Burlesque

That would be me yikes.

Burlesque.

Board footer