Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#1 27-06-23 05:06:26

Mikaela

The erotic in the every day...

What every day or totally non-sexual act/thing/characteristic so you find intensely erotic?

I love hearing about the ways people get turned on by things that seem entirely innocuous to those around them.

I'll start with a few of mine (there are many!)

- The feeling of freshly washed (and ironed) bedding. The physical sensation of crisp sheets against my naked body drives me wild.
- Watching people cooking at home, in their own kitchens.
- Cock owners wearing light grey tracksuit pants.
- Listening to someone talk about something that they are really passionate about, even if I have zero interest in the topic.
- Ironing.

What are some of yours?

#2 27-06-23 06:22:50

_redbird_

Re: The erotic in the every day...

Ooh this is such a good topic Mikaela! You have some great answers here. I want to hear more!

A few I can think of off the top of my head are -

- Watching someone do something they're good at. Things to do with using their hands in a skillful way is particularly attractive, cooking, fixing something, typing... I used to include someone playing an instrument here but after many many musician housemates and lovers/partners, I've gone off this one a bit due to mediocrity and oversaturation.

- Someone not paying attention to me is also a big one. I find being in the same room as someone while they read a book and don't really acknowledge I'm there to be incredibly hot, ooh my. To be clear, it's not the same for me if someone isn't acknowledging me because we're in a fight or something. Just being in their own thoughts/world is what I dig.

- Unconscious body movements like adjusting glasses, putting hands in pockets, fiddling with a zip on their jacket or something...

- Putting on glasses and taking them off. Just glasses wearers in general are a big turn on.

- Full set of pyjamas. I've worn men's pyjamas for a bit over 10 years now because I love the almost formality of wearing what is basically a dress shirt and some (usually) pocketless trousers for sleep. So many people I know just wear the pants part and have a t-shirt on top, but that doesn't cut it for me, I want to see the full deal. I want to unbutton those 4 buttons please pj wearer. I also find long johns (both full and half styles) to be even more attractive. I'm guessing it's probably because I find a lot of cowboys and outlaws depicted in media very attractive (despite how much I try to resist).

- Driving (as long as they're not a bad or stressful to watch driver). Because I don't have a licence or drive, I find it genuinely impressive and I love how many small movements are involved in driving like shifting gears, using the steering wheel, pressing various buttons etc.

I have many more, but will leave the floor to others for a bit. smile

#3 04-07-23 07:16:26

privignus

Oof, good clean bedding like linen sheets can be sensual!

Res est arduissima vincere naturam,
in aspectu virginis mentem esse puram

#4 05-07-23 06:49:08

privignus

How about walking at night after a hot humid day when its no longer unpleasant, but still enough that your clothes feel muggy and you know you would be comfortable without them?  Not sure if I would say "intensely erotic" but sensual?

Res est arduissima vincere naturam,
in aspectu virginis mentem esse puram

#5 06-07-23 04:47:26

Mikaela

privignus wrote:

How about walking at night after a hot humid day when its no longer unpleasant, but still enough that your clothes feel muggy and you know you would be comfortable without them?  Not sure if I would say "intensely erotic" but sensual?

Oooh yes, I love this one - here in Melbourne, Aus, I am all rugged up trying to get through the cold winter, and definitely longing for a balmy, summer night. That feeling of the warm air on exposed skin, yum!!

I think sensual is a really good descriptor for this one! I also resonate with the way Esther Perel defines eroticism - “Eroticism is not sex per se, but the qualities of vitality, curiosity, and spontaneity that make us feel alive.”

#6 07-07-23 01:13:17

Hangdog90

Mikaela wrote:
privignus wrote:

Oooh yes, I love this one - here in Melbourne, Aus, I am all rugged up trying to get through the cold winter, and definitely longing for a balmy, summer night. That feeling of the warm air on exposed skin, yum!!

I think sensual is a really good descriptor for this one! I also resonate with the way Esther Perel defines eroticism - “Eroticism is not sex per se, but the qualities of vitality, curiosity, and spontaneity that make us feel alive.”

Thank you Mikaela,  Esther Perel has shared a lot of great thinking:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog … ther-perel

https://www.estherperel.com/blog/erotic … -care-plan

As for the erotic in each day,

Freshly-laundered 1000-thread Egyptian cotton bed sheets and pillow cases. Every time I get into bed, I notice the pleasurable, luxurious feeling of them on my skin, and feel joyful.

Drinking a cup of my favourite coffee, a black americano at my local café where they have Hausbrandt Trieste coffee. A cup taken in the restaurant is served at about double the strength of a takeaway in a disposable cup. I love that coffee from their coffee cup at the higher strength.

Beautiful designs - Lelo sex toys are very expensive, but they are simply beautiful. The Soraya 2.0 is the gorgeous design perfection of the original rabbit vibrator. The colours, the materials, even the packaging is superb. Giving my significant other a gift of a Soraya is a joy.

The vibrant green colour of the leaves of horse chestnut trees lit by the sun on a summer evening,

Last edited by Hangdog90 (07-07-23 19:41:33)

#7 15-07-23 18:23:06

Hangdog90

Mikaela wrote:

What every day or totally non-sexual act/thing/characteristic so you find intensely erotic?

I love hearing about the ways people get turned on by things that seem entirely innocuous to those around them........

What are some of yours?

Watching the doors close before anyone else can join you in the elevator.

Watching a female blackjack dealer eith elegant hands, shuffling the cards before a 4-deck game.

The way a blackjack dealer claps her hands once before leaving the table when being replaced.

Board footer