Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#1 02-03-23 04:39:34

MS2020

Growing up Female - Comparing Bodies

So I'm hoping for the perspective about growing up in the female body and notions of femininity.

As a boy the first time I can remember saying with other boys penises looked like was in changing rooms. While I did notice some differences, it didn't lead me to any long terms worries about what mine should look like at puberty.

What I've been wondering is about first memories seeing other girls and women without there's clothes for those who grow up girls. I know this isn't just personal from a physical stand point (which is all over these forums) but a mental ones as well. So I hope anyone who answers will feel ok with describing only as much as they're prepared for. Here's a few questions I have that you can answer in any order and only which ones you like.

Did you first see what others vulvas/vaginas looked like in changing rooms or somewhere else?

Did you know the proper anatomy at that time?

Did you now with other girls genitals looked like before you looked your own?

Do remember feeling insecure about seeing other girls developing breasts or body hair before you?

Did you ever feel afraid to be seen undressed in front other people for any reason? Did it make a difference is there were the same/difference sex at the time? Did notions of gender identity play an impact? (not sure about the best terminology for that last one)

If you had difficult feels about your breasts and vulva growing up, what factors may have helped you work through them?

I have so many other questions, but that should be enough for now.

My hope is that exchange like this can help us all to better understanding each others struggles. Both what's different and similar. So feels free to be only as frank as you what to be and no judging each other.

Last edited by MS2020 (02-03-23 04:43:40)

#2 16-03-23 23:46:45

MS2020

Re: Growing up Female - Comparing Bodies

Well it's been two weeks with no reply to any question. While it's not terrible surprising, I can't deny being a bit disappointed. Maybe there was one question two many or too specific. Then again maybe the entire post was too long and unfocused. Maybe I just didn't make it clear I wanted to be gender inclusive.

There have been a lot of disturbing reports out right now about a rise in teen mental health problems. I know that body image is a major factor in mental health. Which is why I've wanted to open this discussion in the first place. So that we might have some insight into how some of us have dealt with struggles due to body images and how they may change over ones lifetime. Most reports tend to focus on social media effects. What I wanted to focus on was the more direct influence of family and peers that has existed for so much longer.

If I focused on people who grew up with female bodies it's because a) I didn't grow up with one myself and b) such issues of self-esteem effected by body images tends to be much higher among teenager girls. Once again I realize this might be too painful for some to write about and I hope this could be a safe enough forum when one could be at least someone candid without fearing of blowback. If that's still not enough assurance for anyone to address this, I get that. Ultimately it doesn't matter is anyone address these issues in the form of any specific questions about. What matters is that someone could provide a helpful story of some kind. However they prefer to tell it.

Last edited by MS2020 (16-03-23 23:55:54)

#3 17-03-23 00:08:13

richard
Administrator

Re: Growing up Female - Comparing Bodies

If nobody replies, just leave it.  That applies to posts on any topic.

Board footer