Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#1 29-12-15 02:25:41

Raptorman88

Help with older videos.

Hey I'm sure this is asked a lot but I can't seem to play the older videos & was wondering how to fix that. I've tried changing media settings and what not but they just won't play.:( Help please anyone?

#2 29-12-15 03:33:23

richard
Administrator

Re: Help with older videos.

What OS, browser and media player are you using?

#3 29-12-15 10:41:33

Ramabe

Raptorman88 wrote:

Hey I'm sure this is asked a lot but I can't seem to play the older videos & was wondering how to fix that. I've tried changing media settings and what not but they just won't play.:( Help please anyone?

In this case I'd suggest to download the videos to your computer. You can then watch them with the Windows Media-Player. If you don't like this program there is a plenty of freeware player programs which you can use instead, for example the VLC Media-Player, the Zoom-Player , the SM Player etc. Just search for them in the internet. Your problem, though, can also be of different kind. If you want to watch a video on your computer an appropriate codec must be installed. If this is your problem you can search in the internet for a codec pack and install this.

#4 01-01-16 17:55:58

Raptorman88

I was hoping I wouldn't have to download it to my computer as I'm not the only one who uses it. I've tried both windows media & QuickTime players & neither worked, both on high & medium qualities. I'm embarrassed to say that I'm not very tech savvy so I don't even know what browser or OS I'm currently using but I use a surface. Idk if that matters or not.

#5 01-01-16 21:13:48

jagzzz

I assume your using Microsoft Edge then. I have just tried it and the only way I can get the videos to play on Edge is to download them i'm afraid. When your talking about older video coding formats and browsers it is never simple.

Sorry I cant be of more help!

#6 02-01-16 11:36:10

Ramabe

jagzzz wrote:

I assume your using Microsoft Edge then. I have just tried it and the only way I can get the videos to play on Edge is to download them i'm afraid. When your talking about older video coding formats and browsers it is never simple.

Sorry I cant be of more help!

I tried it with the newest version of Firefox and the result was the same. Talking about details, if you want to watch some of these older videos in your browser you will click at the respective image. A new windows appears with an embedded player. The embedded player should show the video but actually does nothing.

Last edited by Ramabe (02-01-16 11:45:19)

#7 17-03-16 08:25:07

TAKEOFF13

I have been having these problems since all have been changed over,  I have not been able to download any vids at all.  I have tried everything but nothing works for me.

#8 17-03-16 12:31:23

Ramabe

TAKEOFF13 wrote:

I have been having these problems since all have been changed over,  I have not been able to download any vids at all.  I have tried everything but nothing works for me.

While it is not clear which kind of "everything" you may have tried, I possibly have helpful advice for you. The old videos have a download link "DL". So, if you will right click at this "DL" a context menu should appear where you can choose "save as".

#9 27-07-16 08:20:42

TAKEOFF13

I have been not been able to download any of the new videos since the change over,  I have tired everything,  when I go to download the video it starts to download but nothing happens.  someone pls HELP HELP ME!!!!

#10 28-07-16 03:24:59

richard
Administrator

Submit a support ticket!

Board footer