Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#51 25-07-06 15:03:51

richard
Administrator

Re: Ifeelmyselfonfilm

Who here has seen the UK series "Funland"?  It's a bit overdone at times but I love the production design and the characters are really vivid, and bent.

#52 25-07-06 19:04:24

bodyhead

Elfman wrote:
Jakeview wrote:
Elfman wrote:

For what it's worth I supported the 49's in the eighties when Bill Walsh was sending all the NFL's defensive co-ordinators back to school with the help of Montana and Rice.  (I've never been able to forgive the Giants for leaving New York though).

Elfman.

I've been a 9er fan since the 70's but I live here in Northern California. I'm curious if it's common for Englishmen(or anyone outside of America) to enjoy our sports. Makes me wish I was into cricket or some such endeavor to return the favor.

Cable and satellite TV have led to far greater following of MLB, NHL and NBA in the last few years but European interest in the NFL goes back to the early 1980s when a new British terrestrial TV channel (Channel 4) was launched.  Channel 4s main remit was minority programming and they started showing edited highlights of a previous weeks game at 6.00 on a Sunday evening.  The coverage was exciting and original and immediately grabbed British sports fans.  The escalation in the following for pro-football was in every way phenomenal.  More British viewers watched the SF – Miami Superbowl live than watched that years FA cup final (English soccer’s championship game) even though the Superbowl was televised in the early hours of Monday morning British time and amateur teams and leagues sprang up all over the country.   The growth of interest led to the NFL forming a professional European Football League.

I think interest in The NFL has dropped a little in Britain over the last 10 years (largely due I believe to so many teams re-locating to other cities, a concept alien in British sport) but is still very strong.  I regret however that Baseball is still a minority interest sport in Britain although the modern “American” game has been played here for over a century. Elfman.

Ahem, I believe some balance needs to be restored here. The thing for American Football was pretty much a fad in the UK. Germany likes American Football but Britain has no professional teams left (it had two), compared with over 100 professional soccer teams. Most British sports fans would have great difficulty telling you the most basic facts about North American sports.

Soccer is by far the most popular team sport here, both for participation and attendance. The others are Rugby League, Rugby Union and Cricket. Union and Cricket have comparitavely limited active interest, except when there are are major international matches (Australia - The Ashes - hem) when interest soars if England is winning.

I like ice hockey, but the clubs keep collapsing, and all the players are Canadian minor leaguers on holiday anyway.

Last edited by bodyhead (25-07-06 19:05:10)

#53 25-07-06 19:07:50

Burlesque

AAAARGGGHHHHH!!!!! SPORTS!

This must be my comeuppance for all the threads I've hijacked.

(Cries, shakes, trembles, in vain regretting past sins.)

Burlesque.

Last edited by Burlesque (25-07-06 19:12:27)

Maintain a sense of humour about it, whatever "it" is.

"Max Fan Club" Head of Security and In-house Sycophant. (Who says evil can't be a full-time occupation?)

#54 31-08-06 07:56:01

uclabruins

I don't know if this is appropriate but I was browsing around the net and found this free site that has like all the female masturbation scenes from movies and example vidcaps too.  It's worth a look for the female masturbation fans for the next netflix que I think.

http://soloindex.com/movies/movies.html

#55 31-08-06 08:29:05

The_West_Wind

The first (and to this day, what is still believe was the most believeable) sex scene I saw was Pedro Amordelvia's "Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down".
Antonio Banderas and Victoria Abril did a fantastically realistic scene. That is what I look for when I watch a sex scene. Something believeable.

I've mentioned before about "This Is Rock Bitch!" (I know I still have the tape around somewhere).

The Wachowski Brother's "Bound". Before the Fatal Four incident I enjoyed this film. I'm starting to get back into it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bound_%28film%29

Betty Blue. Another realistic scene. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_Blue

The Weather Woman. http://home.clara.net/raydav/paradiseci … woman.html
Enough said.

Last edited by The_West_Wind (31-08-06 08:34:10)

Well... there was nothing in my dark side that really interested me. I guess I just dont have what it takes to be a bad guy.

Board footer