Let's talk about sex...and other stuff.

Not logged in, login now.  

#26 20-05-06 10:38:46

Jakeview

Re: Ifeelmyselfonfilm

Wow, Max, you're exactly right! Tall, thin and dark hair. All you missed was my trendy facial hair.

And Gala and I would only be oblivious to the stares because we'd be so excited to finally lay eyes on all of you.

(note to self: wear very long, heavy sock)

#27 22-05-06 18:16:26

gala
bonanza jellybean of state
Website

i think it's actually really hard to get attention for such things in sf.  it's hard to make a spectacle of yourself in a city full of crazy queers with crazy style.  maybe if we bring baloons and an air horn we can overcome that and gain masses of attention.  ifm needs more stateside publicity anyway.

#28 23-05-06 20:19:20

Jakeview

gala wrote:

i think it's actually really hard to get attention for such things in sf.

But you haven't even seen my huge sock!

#29 23-05-06 20:54:15

blissed

Jakeview, I think you'd be better off with a codpiece as in Black Adder, with all the bells and whistles. In fact if it made a noise when you had an erection (siren) max could pick you out of a crowd quite easily, especially if you saw her first smile

(Self made tycoon and independant financial advisor to the stars)

#30 23-05-06 21:48:58

Jakeview

Except that I'd be standing next to gala in her stockings and heels which means the siren would be going off non-stop. I guess that'd still work.

#31 23-05-06 22:16:43

blissed

What if you had to wait 2 hours for max to arive. Would the siren be going off all that time smile

(Self made tycoon and independant financial advisor to the stars)

#32 24-05-06 03:44:11

gala
Website

this is a complicated theoretical...i think i'm going to need a cigarette when we finish figuring it out.

#33 25-05-06 08:06:37

nihpuad

Jakeview wrote:

Wow, Max, you're exactly right! Tall, thin and dark hair. All you missed was my trendy facial hair.

Interesting. I'm not in the habit of visualizing participants here (except, of course, the women whose pictures we've actually seen), but "Jake" is the recurring viewpoint character of one of my favorite series of science fiction tales (Spider Robinson's Callahan's Place stories)... and that Jake is (very like the author who imagined him) tall and thin with long dark hair and facial hair. So now I'm picturing you looking like a Canadian hippie science fiction writer cum blues guitar player. (I have no information as to the size of Spider/Jake's "sock." wink )

In fact, this association was so strong that when Gala said:

"i think it's actually really hard to get attention for such things in sf."

...it took me a minute to realize "sf" meant "San Francisco" and not "science fiction." [/geek]

Last edited by dauphinb2 (25-05-06 08:59:52)

#34 25-05-06 19:55:12

Jakeview

Liandra wrote:

Well if you don't see you waiting for us in clad in stokings and heals and an appropriately heavey duty sock max , richard, the team and I will just sit down and wank in the airport till you arrive...that's bound to get someones attention..plus the much needed stateside publicity...

You all would definitely grab attention, even Richard. Because in SF they don't think wanking men are icky. tongue

I wonder if I'd have to put my sock through the x-ray machine...

#35 25-05-06 20:03:09

Jakeview

dauphinb2 wrote:

Well, my hair's not as long or as shaggy. I wear contacts. I don't have a moustache--just a chin beard and the obligatory "soul patch"(I did say it was trendy facial hair.) And my mom is Japanese so I have a bit of an asian twist to my look. But you can picture me however you like.

[sci-fi]Hey, how come there are no asians in the future?[/sci-fi]

#36 29-05-06 23:26:33

cynicism

Jakeview wrote:

Because they are so damn attractive that everyone has interbred with them...

#37 30-05-06 00:04:47

Warmtouch

Before one of the Star Trek movies, quite some years ago, Shatner and Nimoy decided to wear their costumes out in public to see how people reacted to them. Shatner wore the uniform of a Starfleet Admiral. Nimoy wore some long quilted Vulcan robe, looked like a dressing gown.

Problem was, they were in San Francisco when they tried this.

Nobody said a word. Nobody even noticed.

God, I love that town.

#38 30-05-06 02:00:03

Elfman

Warmtouch wrote:

Before one of the Star Trek movies, quite some years ago, Shatner and Nimoy decided to wear their costumes out in public to see how people reacted to them. Shatner wore the uniform of a Starfleet Admiral. Nimoy wore some long quilted Vulcan robe, looked like a dressing gown.

Problem was, they were in San Francisco when they tried this.

Nobody said a word. Nobody even noticed.

God, I love that town.

For what it's worth I supported the 49's in the eighties when Bill Walsh was sending all the NFL's defensive co-ordinators back to school with the help of Montana and Rice.  (I've never been able to forgive the Giants for leaving New York though).

Elfman.

#39 30-05-06 12:49:25

Warmtouch

Those were the glory days for sure. They weren't bad under Steve Young either, who was similarly brilliant but a bit less predictable.

The Giants football team is still in New York. If you remember the Giants baseball team moving from New York to San Francisco, you're older than I thought and more into baseball than any Yorkshireman ought to be. It happened in 1958!

#40 30-05-06 13:40:41

Elfman

Warmtouch wrote:

If you remember the Giants baseball team moving from New York to San Francisco, you're older than I thought and more into baseball than any Yorkshireman ought to be. It happened in 1958!

Yes I was talking about the baseball team Warmtouch.  I started listening to baseball games on shortwave radio when I was about 12, that would be about 6 years after they vacated the polo grounds in favour of the West coast.  There was a problem because of the time difference of course and that probably explains why I became a Cubs fan.  Since they didn't have lights at Wrigley Field until comparatively recently all their home games were day games so I heard proportionaly more of them than of any other team. I agree that it is unusual for a Yorkshireman of my age who has never lived in a baseball playing country to grow up loving the game but most people who know me would tell you that there is very little about me which is typical smile.  It does allow me to be smug with my friends when I can explain movies like "Field of Dreams" to them  (One of my all time favourite films by the way).

Elfman

Last edited by Elfman (30-05-06 14:21:47)

#41 30-05-06 20:11:03

Jakeview

cynicism wrote:
Jakeview wrote:

Because they are so damn attractive that everyone has interbred with them...

Haha!

#42 30-05-06 20:17:06

Jakeview

Elfman wrote:

For what it's worth I supported the 49's in the eighties when Bill Walsh was sending all the NFL's defensive co-ordinators back to school with the help of Montana and Rice.  (I've never been able to forgive the Giants for leaving New York though).

Elfman.

I've been a 9er fan since the 70's but I live here in Northern California. I'm curious if it's common for Englishmen(or anyone outside of America) to enjoy our sports. Makes me wish I was into cricket or some such endeavor to return the favor.

#43 31-05-06 08:03:38

Elfman

Jakeview wrote:
Elfman wrote:

Elfman.

I've been a 9er fan since the 70's but I live here in Northern California. I'm curious if it's common for Englishmen(or anyone outside of America) to enjoy our sports. Makes me wish I was into cricket or some such endeavor to return the favor.

Cable and satellite TV have led to far greater following of MLB, NHL and NBA in the last few years but European interest in the NFL goes back to the early 1980s when a new British terrestrial TV channel (Channel 4) was launched.  Channel 4s main remit was minority programming and they started showing edited highlights of a previous weeks game at 6.00 on a Sunday evening.  The coverage was exciting and original and immediately grabbed British sports fans.  The escalation in the following for pro-football was in every way phenomenal.  More British viewers watched the SF – Miami Superbowl live than watched that years FA cup final (English soccer’s championship game) even though the Superbowl was televised in the early hours of Monday morning British time and amateur teams and leagues sprang up all over the country.   The growth of interest led to the NFL forming a professional European Football League.

I think interest in The NFL has dropped a little in Britain over the last 10 years (largely due I believe to so many teams re-locating to other cities, a concept alien in British sport) but is still very strong.  I regret however that Baseball is still a minority interest sport in Britain although the modern “American” game has been played here for over a century.  (We once even had a professional baseball league formed by some English professional soccer clubs in order to utilise their stadiums during the summer months.  It didn’t last long but to this day Derby County’s soccer stadium is called “The Baseball ground”).

Elfman.

#44 31-05-06 09:42:16

Jakeview

Really quite interesting. I never imagined that the British would take American football seriously as long as there was rugby or soccer. But I should have known better. There's a pub here in my town run by a couple of englishmen. They'll keep the bar open all night long during the world cup or other important matches. I was surprised to find so many Americans flocking there in the wee hours just to watch. I guess it goes both ways.

#45 31-05-06 12:35:46

Warmtouch

I've met an Englishman who has PLAYED American football, in high school, in England. I could hardly believe it. Considering how expensive the gear is, you wouldn't think any school would want to, or would find any other to play against.

#46 31-05-06 19:35:14

gala
Website

go steelers!

#47 22-07-06 07:47:36

cynicism

Getting back to the topic, there's a female masturbation scene in 9 Songs, but it doesn't exactly stand out, considering the vast amount of actual sex in the movie.

There's a male masturbation scene in The Dreamers, but I didn't like that movie - too much incest and disturbed minds.

#48 22-07-06 15:38:07

Siobhan

In what is surely one of the more surprising turns of career on film, the film In the Cut opens with Meg Ryan masturbating.

As for real self (or other)-feeling in films, I only know of two general-release films where it happens: The Cement Garden, in which Charlotte Gainesburg has an orgasm that could NOT have been faked, and The Brown Bunny, in which Cloe Sevigny fellates Vincent Gallo in real time, up close and personal.
Both are excellent films in addition, and well worth the time it takes to find them.

Under all speech that is good for any-thing there lies a silence that is better.  Silence is as deep as Eternity;  speech is as shallow as Time.--Thomas Carlysle

#49 23-07-06 23:20:20

cynicism

Siobhan wrote:

In what is surely one of the more surprising turns of career on film, the film In the Cut opens with Meg Ryan masturbating.

As for real self (or other)-feeling in films, I only know of two general-release films where it happens: The Cement Garden, in which Charlotte Gainesburg has an orgasm that could NOT have been faked, and The Brown Bunny, in which Cloe Sevigny fellates Vincent Gallo in real time, up close and personal.
Both are excellent films in addition, and well worth the time it takes to find them.

There's real fellatio in "Intimacy", and in "Lies". I cannot recommend "Lies", though. The sadism is bad enough, but the coprophagia turned my stomach.

#50 25-07-06 14:58:15

Burlesque

Coprophagia? Has anyone seen "Saló" smile?

Now I've been a good boy and ordered "Secretary" and "When Will I Be Loved". No need for applause.

Burlesque.

Maintain a sense of humour about it, whatever "it" is.

"Max Fan Club" Head of Security and In-house Sycophant. (Who says evil can't be a full-time occupation?)

Board footer